Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I may be late to the party, but I am very excited to have Disney+ and agree that 70 a year is a steal for all we get.  Old musicals or should I say classic musicals. We are hoping for Newsies.  I know about Sound of Music and Hello Dolly.  Being the Disney freak I am there is absolutely no doubt the end of this year will be great!

5 hours ago, Barnack said:

I imagine you only wanted to say how much you were invested in them and not serious that they should shut down their most profitable (by far) asset.

ESPN is a sinkhole. The cable rights and operating costs are killing any true profits. The effort is better focused elsewhere.

A lot of us banking types are pushing for Apple to buy Disney. God I am cumming just over the possibility of being involved in that hostile takeover.

So, turns out Amber Heard had a lot more evidence of Johnny Depp's abuse that she didn't made public, but was now forced to reveal because of his defamation lawsuit.

The claim from his defense lawyers that she confessed to hitting him, turned out to be about an incident where Heard had to prevent him from pushing her little sister down the stairs.

Seriously, how stupid is this guy? Based on the new evidence that's coming out, he got away with a pretty good deal after the first settlement. He's coming out of this looking much worse than before.

8 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

ESPN is a sinkhole. The cable rights and operating costs are killing any true profits. The effort is better focused elsewhere.

They are not killing any true profit, Cable was still the biggest source of profit of Disney last year no ?, and that mostly ESPN.

If the effort is better focused elsewhere, sell ESPN (for over 20 billions) do not close it (I cannot imagine you are being remotely serious), Rights will adjust itself over time with the new reality (they cannot not too).

8 hours ago, shouldnt have shouldnt be said:

is the Disney merger expected to continue to honor religions worldwide?

any one know the influence Disney and Hollywood has over religion towards people?

will continued media and Disney authority over children decline our civilization against religion?  I feel Disney in China is helping that nation, but maybe it isn't?

i'm guessing 10-20% atheist for all Christian schools in the United States.  

I fear for the direction of spirituality when/if...

The WGA is formally advising their members to leave their agencies, after the two sides were unable to reach a deal re: packaging fees. (The ATA doesn't seem like it did much good-faith bargaining anyway).

This could be a big game-changer, either uprooting some of the established agency power in Hollywood and giving rise to new, smaller agencies, or it could end packaging fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Avatree said:

trying to avoid spoilers from the star wars trailer so not going in the thread, whats the reaction from people about the trailer?

honestly it seems like people who were big into last jedi are grumpy about it cos it looks like it might take back some things but other fans seem pretty pleased. i think it looks cool.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly it seems like people who were big into last jedi are grumpy about it cos it looks like it might take back some things but other fans seem pretty pleased. i think it looks cool.

that sounds reasonable, disney needs to keep their manchild fans in line for milking.

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

trying to avoid spoilers from the star wars trailer so not going in the thread, whats the reaction from people about the trailer?

I loved TLJ and I loved the trailer to this.

• Like 1