Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

saw apocalypse now in a theater. well that's another one off the big-screen bucket list. i've now seen it four times but still, what a movie.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i saw it in a cinema two years ago with a talk from Walter Murch afterwards. checkmate.

You pricks, I still haven't had the pleasure. I had to settle for Netflix this winter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RichWS said:

You pricks, I still haven't had the pleasure. I had to settle for Netflix this winter.

You're in NYC though, right? I'd imagine there are more repertory screenings out there than me and Coolio will ever get a chance to see combined.

40 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

You're in NYC though, right? I'd imagine there are more repertory screenings out there than me and Coolio will ever get a chance to see combined.

Not anymore. I'm in New England now, three hour drive away. My mother is still there so I always try to see a couple of flicks that don't play here when I go back to visit. The movies are what I miss most. 

• Like 1

Does HBO have the best library of all the big TV channels? GoT, The Wire, Oz, Curb, Leftovers, Barry, Silicon Valley, Veep, True Detective, Westworld, etc;

Can't think of any other channel that comes close.

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Does HBO have the best library of all the big TV channels? GoT, The Wire, Oz, Curb, Leftovers, Barry, Silicon Valley, Veep, True Detective, Westworld, etc;

FX is pretty dang close.

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

AAuE7mAl-SFLIFoYxNhmk3m6xPT-d1oTec2sEvxT

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

I will not stand for this The Sopranos oversight.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, carolwoodpr said:

Nuggets lost last night at home.  Bumming this morning.

I went to maccies yesterday bought 9 nuggets then got home to find they only put 6 in the box. extremely pissed off.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I will not stand for this The Sopranos oversight.

oh shit, forgot about that and Deadwood. Tbh, I was only including shows I've seen episodes from, so I guess I gotta get on the Sopranos/Deadwood train

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

FX is pretty dang close.

I was gonna say FX was the closest I could think of, especially with Atlanta. amc had Breaking Bad/mad men but can't think of many other super great shows they've done (gave up on TWD halfway through season 2).

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

AAuE7mAl-SFLIFoYxNhmk3m6xPT-d1oTec2sEvxT

If we're talking originals, I'd disagree, if only because of the sheer lack of consistency. 

9 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I was watching when Tiger won in '05. This is incredible. 

I saw Nicklaus' win on TV when he was at the age of 46 in 1986.  Only thing comparable.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Time to check out Freezing Cold Takes on Twitter!

giphy.gif

The Tiger Woods biopic found its third act and the framing device today. Oscars for Michael B Jordan as Tiger, Carl Weathers as his dad and Margot Robbie as his ex wife.

I'm sure the scripts are already written and at producer's desks today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The Tiger Woods biopic found its third act and the framing device today. Oscars for Michael B Jordan as Tiger, Carl Weathers as his dad and Margot Robbie as his ex wife.

It'd be funny if they got Blake Lively to play the ex-wife considering she already has. lol

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5606768

3 hours ago, Tele Dondarrion said:

Forget Game of Thrones, the most important entertainment premiere of the year happens tomorrow. 

But Lab Rats wouldn’t be on Disney+ until next year

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1