Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

23 minutes ago, Eric the Platypus said:

Can't her and Jason Reitman just collab on something again?

She's been involved in literally all his best work, and he gets Ghostbusters while she gets... a CW show. Feels weird.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Diablo Cody going from an Oscar winning screen-writer to writing Berlanti's Powerpuff Girls CW adaptation feels pretty weird.

Berlanti is (was?) gonna make a prestigious Rock Hudson biopic for one of the major studios that was announced I think around the time Love, Simon opened but there hasn't been any movement on it since. 

Jerry Farwell Junior just resigned as president of Liberty university because of a Sex Scandal...

I would not be surprised if he is dropped as a speaker at the GOP Convention.

Wow, a Fundy Religious leader proves to be a hypocrite and a liar. What a Surprise.

TIFF' 20 schedule is up. Ammonite & Nomadland are getting a digital screening online. (seems like most of the Gala & Special presentations are getting online screenings as well). I know tickets will be limited but this will probably still create a piracy nightmare for them if those high-profile movies leak. 

it'll only be available to canadians but I'll try to see if i can get around it with a VPN  

7 hours ago, RealLyre said:

TIFF' 20 schedule is up. Ammonite & Nomadland are getting a digital screening online. (seems like most of the Gala & Special presentations are getting online screenings as well). I know tickets will be limited but this will probably still create a piracy nightmare for them if those high-profile movies leak. 

it'll only be available to canadians but I'll try to see if i can get around it with a VPN  

Company they are using for security for these digital screenings are pretty strict with their restrictions: https://www.shift72.com/features/drm-security. They have measures that prevent people who use proxies from accessing the website and I heard that they'll be asking specifically for Canadian credit cards.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Company they are using for security for these digital screenings are pretty strict with their restrictions: https://www.shift72.com/features/drm-security. They have measures that prevent people who use proxies from accessing the website and I heard that they'll be asking specifically for Canadian credit cards.

That’s disappointing but I doubt I could’ve gotten tickets either way since they will be “limited” and capacity will be similar to that of a real cinema. And TIFF members will get them a week early too.

I think there’s still a chance for some of the high profile titles to get leaked/recorded. But I wanted to check some of lesser known ones