Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

this is a benefit of covid tbh, no commute so no morning alarms.  small victories where you can find them

indeed. just wake up late for your working-from-home and your manager ain't none the wiser.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

indeed. just wake up late for your working-from-home and your manager ain't none the wiser.

my first meetings at 9.30 every morning, im meant to login a 8.30 and work but sometimes i get a lil extra sleep in if I need it. Haven't heard any complaints yet

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

my first meetings at 9.30 every morning, im meant to login a 8.30 and work but sometimes i get a lil extra sleep in if I need it. Haven't heard any complaints yet

Yep pretty much lol.

I have a few 9am meetings with the company director each week and the number of them that I've missed and just said the day after "Oh I was on annual leave" and nothing happens...

Working from home is fucking horrendous. 0 work ethic whatsoever. no motivation. I'm brilliant when I'm at work but at home I just can't crack it, I've never been able to be productive while at home. Planning on quitting my job. Never want to be working from home again. Fed up with it now its been 6 months.

26 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Yep pretty much lol.

I have a few 9am meetings with the company director each week and the number of them that I've missed and just said the day after "Oh I was on annual leave" and nothing happens...

Working from home is fucking horrendous. 0 work ethic whatsoever. no motivation. I'm brilliant when I'm at work but at home I just can't crack it, I've never been able to be productive while at home. Planning on quitting my job. Never want to be working from home again. Fed up with it now its been 6 months.

feel like quitting would be a scary decision right now, dole center won't send you cash if you quit you have to be made redunant or fired. Just hold in there for until next year I would say

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

feel like quitting would be a scary decision right now, dole center won't send you cash if you quit you have to be made redunant or fired. Just hold in there for until next year I would say

yeah not gonna quit without something else lined up. I've been applying for apprenticeships to learn to be a car mechanic :D  so that's the plan. Apply for enough and one of them will hire me.

"Everybody understands about the pay disparity in Hollywood, but I asked for a number that the studio wouldn't get to. And Chadwick ended up donating some of his salary to get me to the number I had asked for."

She added: "He said that that was what I deserved to be paid."

What a lovely gesture.

He had no obligation to get her a pay rise. They weren't co-leads in the film; Chadwick was the main character and Sienna a supporting character.

He didn't do that for publicity.

Seems he was just a kind man.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1