Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 10/19/2020 at 4:58 PM, Napoleon said:

I noticed that too. I don't know what happened. I stayed away for a while after too many warning points for reasons I didn't agree. Came back for good when the Snyder Cut was announced, because I wanted haters to see me winning. But many were gone. I think maybe it was a combination of the pandemic (no box office, productions paused, and overall anxiety about life) and the mods in recent years implementing too many limitations and handing out too many warning points. Despite the way I've been treated I like the forum and I'm doing my part posting updates for the movies I'm following.

There does seem to be ever more heavy handed moderation lately. I wonder if a cultural shift towards totalitarianism really has begun, all these movies about individual men saving the world taking their toll perhaps. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

There does seem to be ever more heavy handed moderation lately. I wonder if a cultural shift towards totalitarianism really has begun, all these movies about individual men saving the world taking their toll perhaps. 

Dude...shut up.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Or what? Gonna silence me? At what point do you want the site to just be you? Look how few people there are now posting. Are you blind to the obvious? 

Think it's more to do with there being no films getting released for the entire year... this being a box office forum after all...

For what it's worth, yes the moderation has tightened up on the forum. That is not in itself a bad thing necessarily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Think it's more to do with there being no films getting released for the entire year... this being a box office forum after all...

This.

@JamesCameronScholar lot of people dipped out (for now, at least) once it became clear the movie year 2020 was a lost cause. Might as well wait until 2021 when (hopefully) the market will begin recovery mode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's sad that people get bashed for simply holding an alternative political view. It's not like being conservative is some crazy extremist stance, it's approx 50% of the US population.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

It's sad that people get bashed for simply holding an alternative political view. It's not like being conservative is some crazy extremist stance, it's approx 50% of the US population.

FWIW I'm pretty sure Pratt has never really discussed his political beliefs or said he's pro-Trump or anything. He just happens to come from a very conservative background. A lot of people who fall under the Democrat column (which, let's face it, is most of the industry) are under that same umbrella.

Though the reality is almost certainly he lost the poll just because the others (Evans and Hemsworth in particular) have bigger/more vocal fanbases in general lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

FWIW I'm pretty sure Pratt has never really discussed his political beliefs or said he's pro-Trump or anything. He just happens to come from a very conservative background. A lot of people who fall under the Democrat column (which, let's face it, is most of the industry) are under that same umbrella.

Though the reality is almost certainly he lost the poll just because the others (Evans and Hemsworth in particular) have bigger/more vocal fanbases in general lol.

Although he hasn't discussed his political views, he does follow PragerU and Turning Point USA on instagram, which is no different to following Breitbart or Ben Shapiro and I don't think a typical democrat would do that.

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Although he hasn't discussed his political views, he does follow PragerU and Turning Point USA on instagram, which is no different to following Breitbart or Ben Shapiro and I don't think a typical democrat would do that.

Ironically he also follows Ben Shapiro.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Dead at the reason Shonda Rhymes dropped Disney's ABC to go to Netflix

She knew her breaking point would come, but what it would be she never could have predicted. As part of her ABC relationship, Rhimes had been given an all-inclusive pass to Disneyland — and without a partner, she'd negotiated a second for her nanny. But on this day, she needed one for her sister, too, as she'd be taking Rhimes' teenage daughter while the nanny chaperoned her younger two. If the passes had been interchangeable, Rhimes would have been happy to give up hers — when would she have time to go to Disneyland anyway?

After some unwanted back-and-forth — "We never do this," she was told more than once — Rhimes was issued an additional pass. But when her daughters arrived in Anaheim, only one of the passes worked. Rhimes lobbed a call to a high-ranking executive at the company. Surely, he would get this sorted.

Instead, the exec allegedly replied, "Don't you have enough?"

Rhimes was beside herself. She thanked him for his time, then hung up and called her lawyer: Figure out a way to get her over to Netflix, or she'd find new representatives.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/shonda-rhimes-is-ready-to-own-her-s-the-game-changing-showrunner-on-leaving-abc-culture-shock-at-netflix-and-overcoming-her-fears?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

What's interesting is that the attacks all seem to fall under 'he bad', rather than actually picking something specific that they dislike. 

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

I feel like Twitter has had the "Rank the Chrises" debate many times already and Pratt always loses; what was so different this time that the Avengers Assemble signal went out to heap praise on him? He's been labeled before now, for his politics and being anti-LGBTQ because of the church he attends. Not to say that this wouldn't suck to experience, but what was new about this latest Twitter poll vs all the other times?

Also, many a woman or person of color in the MCU faced horrible treatment on social media, yet it was *crickets* from the co-star defense brigade. 

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Thanks 1

I'm watching Long Shot (actually pretty decent movie)

Fox news: "Are women mentally fit to hold presidential office?
With us now to discuss this are Chris Brown, Jeremy Piven and Brett Ratner."

🤣

Edited by Avatree

59 minutes ago, filmlover said:

RIP officially, April-October 2020.

Thinking of all the segments of the entertainment industry that would kill for the tiniest slice of $2B right about now...

A lot of people in the business were saying the quick bites were really about skirting union minimums for half hour/hour long shows. Good riddance to that 

Six months. LOLOL. At least they won an Emmy? 

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl