Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I updated Wednesday and Thursday (in the Covid thread b/c someone asked there:)  - just gonna paste both updates here (and thanks for asking - and my next doc appointment is Dec 16:)...

"Yeah, I am - thanks for checking:). 

I made a few life changes this summer (thanks to some CLL experts) on top of those I'd made in 2019 for food allergies and for now, while my genetic markers at diagnosis in July should have indicated a really, really rapid disease progression, it seems I've slowed it down (although not stopped it).  And slow is what one wants a lot with CLL:).  

My goal is to stay untreated through 2021, so I'm thinking ahead and longer term:).

PS - For those who do leukemia, on top of my crappy deletions and rearrangements, my CD38 positivity at diagnosis was 65% - that's normally the sign it's all going rapid and badly quickly...it's how I earned 6 week blood tests, when most folks at diagnosis get 3 month ones:)...and how I earned getting approved for every old person vaccine now, but one at a time (to not overload my immune system).  I just got done the pneumonia series, and next up will probably be Shingles before Covid, b/c my sis has had shingles (so it's in the family), b/c you can't take the shingles one once you need treatment, and b/c I don't know which Covid vaccine is gonna work for my protein deletions (so, that's gonna wait on the doc getting up to speed - we're gonna chat in Dec at my next appt, but I think he'll want Shingles series 1st, then Covid one)..."  

AND

"Yeah, I haven't posted much on my health since my diagnosis this summer...the reason - it's been good for what it could be...so, it's a "no news is good news" scenario:).

Plus, I've been using the boards as an escape for movies, so fixating on health here wasn't what I wanted - but I'll always post if someone asks (or if it goes downhill - the spouse knows he can hop on my account to do that:)...

And thanks for the positivity - I'll take all thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers as long as folks want to send them my way...they never hurt (and who knows - maybe they are helping b/c I'm already slightly bucking my trend:)..."

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

310535.jpg

Hugs+Quotes+www.mostphrases.blogspot.com

• Like 1

I remember arguing with GiantCalBears, in 2015 when Avengers: Age of Ultron was released, that Marvel superheroes would have more staying power than Harry Potter. Of course I heard his usual nonsense about how I didn't know what I was talking about and Harry Potter will still be relevant for generations as opposed to Marvel characters. It's over 5 years later, and the list below pretty much confirms I was right. 

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/mandalorian-avengers-stranger-things-best-shows-1234835807/

Here are the top 20 entertainment franchises, according to NRG.

1. “The Mandalorian”
  2. “Avengers”
  3. “Stranger Things”
  4. “John Wick”
  5. “Black Panther”
  6. “Guardians of the Galaxy”
  7. “The Witcher”
  8. “Ozark”
  9. “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”
  10. “Black Widow”
  11. “Deadpool”
  12. “Thor”
  13. “Iron Man”
  14. “Mario Bros.”
  15. “Toy Story”
  16. Doctor Strange”
  17. “Spider-Man”
  18. “Coco”
  19. “The Lion King”
  20. “Hamilton”

9 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

I remember arguing with GiantCalBears, in 2015 when Avengers: Age of Ultron was released, that Marvel superheroes would have more staying power than Harry Potter. Of course I heard his usual nonsense about how I didn't know what I was talking about and Harry Potter will still be relevant for generations as opposed to Marvel characters. It's over 5 years later, and the list below pretty much confirms I was right. 

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/mandalorian-avengers-stranger-things-best-shows-1234835807/

Here are the top 20 entertainment franchises, according to NRG.

1. “The Mandalorian”
  2. “Avengers”
  3. “Stranger Things”
  4. “John Wick”
  5. “Black Panther”
  6. “Guardians of the Galaxy”
  7. “The Witcher”
  8. “Ozark”
  9. “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”
  10. “Black Widow”
  11. “Deadpool”
  12. “Thor”
  13. “Iron Man”
  14. “Mario Bros.”
  15. “Toy Story”
  16. Doctor Strange”
  17. “Spider-Man”
  18. “Coco”
  19. “The Lion King”
  20. “Hamilton”

"For Gen Z audiences, aged 13-24, “SpongeBob SquarePants” and “Shrek” are among the top five franchises, thanks to having “the best memes or videos online.”"

Oh Lord!

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

Do I miss the thread for The Mauritanian or is there no thread for it?

It has a trailer,... a few big names, acc IMDb to be released maybe in March 2021... = I guess the announcement for it was way back = really wondering why I do not find it (maybe typo?)

On 12/1/2020 at 4:01 PM, filmlover said:

A streaming service so dead their content only showed up in torrent sites in August, and not all of it, just some of the scripted shows. Not even pirates cared about you. The ultimate failure.