Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Might be a new name like Redtails or Warriors which I see being thrown around. Would relate to the military.

I'd actually go with the Washington Wild Horses...there are 2 famous groups, 1 on the Maryland side and 1 on the Virginia side...perfect for the area...

Beautiful, tough, and wild - seems like football:)...

https://www.nps.gov/asis/learn/nature/horses.htm

• Like 2

This focus on sports name reminds me an issue back in high school about a focus on gestures vs the big picture.

In grade 11 there been a long push for a course on personal finances offered by the school to give students a basic understanding of finances so they make better financial decisions.

However instead we got a class about racism that really was talking about racism to people who already know all about it (class was all indians and black people).

Now my issue is that a class about racism is good but considering how there is a such a huge issue with young people especially minorities in financial literacy.

What would have served a greater purpose is something I wonder.

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Happy 102nd birthday to @Cap ;) 

Thank you!

captain america GIF

Gonna spend with a double feature of 1776/Hamilton before basking in Cap fiction. 

So basically, how I spend every day. 😂

• Haha 3

Scary moment in Yankees summer camp today as Masahiro Tanaka was hi in the head by a line drive from Giancarlo Stanton during live BP a simulated game.

DO NOT SEEK OUT VIDEO OF THIS.

Here's hoping it was just worse than it looked and he'll be alright with enough rest and downtime.

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1

I was looking for something that somebody would let me direct and it’s easier to get something made if it’s based on a book, or a comic book, or a movie that’s already existed,” Kaufman told the Wall Street Journal. “The producer I work with happened to have a deal with Netflix. I don’t know that Netflix knew going in that I was going to make it into something that was less of a thriller than the book, and I don’t think I knew that either.

Kaufman notes his own “terrible” box office record when it comes to films he’s both written and directed, like 2008’s “Synecdoche, New York” and 2015’s “Anomalisa,” as opposed to screenplays he wrote for other directors. He explained how it was much easier to get an original screenplay made earlier in his career.

“I could play around and experiment, but the business has changed enormously, and it all happened around 2008 when studios stopped making movies and started making tentpoles,” said Kaufman. “The reason something like Netflix attracts filmmakers is because there’s nowhere else to make those things. It’s infuriating to me when people say Netflix is ruining movies because—no, movies ruined movies, studios ruined movies, and that’s the truth.”

Kaufman went on to explain how an original musical screenplay he wrote called “Frank or Francis” — with big movie stars attached — couldn’t even get financed for a budget of $11 million, which is why he’s started branching out into writing novels as well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

Frank or Francis only cost 11 mil? I thought it was a mid-budget film and cost around 40 mil or something (even if it was that high, the movie should've still gotten funding). I mean the project got cancelled in 2012 and that's the same year WB made Harry Potter 8 and Disney/Marvel made The Avengers. Pretty sure they could've funded (Disney through Touchstone) this project. Greedy studios robbed us of this insane masterpiece SMH.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Disney could do untold amounts of good if they kept Touchstone going and committed to both funding and selling grown-up movies. They're absolutely responsible for their perpetually endangered status. 

They'll do the same thing to Fox in a couple of years

• Like 1
  • Sad 2