Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

There's some controversial picks, but I agree with them in regards to The Leftovers.

I’m fine with the Leftovers being number 1.  But come on no Mad Men.   And I don’t care whether or not people didn’t like the last season (or two) of GOT it still did enough to warrant a spot on the list

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

@CJohn LIVE ratings (no VOSDAL yet) for Tuesday:

SIC - 21.5%
TVI - 13.8%
RTP1 - 13.2%

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

And today is Saint Anthony Weddings Day. TVI is getting buried in a deep last place hole.

Also, SIC is preparing a 7PM game show with Cristina. Because 25% at 7PM isn't good enough, 30% it is!

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Astonished 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/magazine/universal-fire-master-recordings.html

So Universal had lost 60 years of recorded music master tapes back in 2008 in a fire. (Approximatively 500K song titles destroyed). But it took 10 years to reveal it officially. Basically, UMG's position for the last 10 years:

nothing-to-see-here-leslie-nielsen.75949

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, dashrendar44 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/magazine/universal-fire-master-recordings.html

So Universal had lost 60 years of recorded music master tapes back in 2008 in a fire. But it took 10 years to reveal it officially. Basically, UMG's position for the last 10 years:

nothing-to-see-here-leslie-nielsen.75949

I remember when that happened and there were claims that there were backups of everything so that it all wasn't completely lost. Apparently not.

9 hours ago, TMP said:

Indiewire just did their top 50 shows of the decade, with The Leftovers at #1

Thanks to, frankly, a drop off in quality for the final three seasons, “Mad Men” didn’t make the list.

This list goes DIRECTLY in the trash.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My memory is trash, my friend said "Look I've known you for almost ten years," and dropped a bunch of heavy shit on me, but all I could focus on was "Almost 10 years???? Really????"

I have no concept of time, it feels like from 2013 - 2016 I don't remember anything outside of movies.

14 hours ago, TMP said:

There's some controversial picks, but I agree with them in regards to The Leftovers.

I'm confused as to why The Handmaid's Tale is higher than Big Little Lies even though the second season of Big Little Lies is likely not having a drop-off in quality like The Handmaid's Tale did in its second season (and the first season of Big Little Lies is way better too). Even if they swapped The Handmaid's Tale around with Big Little Lies, it is still too low. Should be top 10 at least imo (it's my favourite show ever after Twin Peaks). I think their top 10 looks pretty good with the exception of 30 Rock (but tbh, I'm only like 2 seasons in so maybe I haven't seen the show's stroke in genius yet) though. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I'm confused as to why The Handmaid's Tale is higher than Big Little Lies even though the second season of Big Little Lies is likely not having a drop-off in quality like The Handmaid's Tale did in its second season (and the first season of Big Little Lies is way better too). I think their top 10 looks pretty good with the exception of 30 Rock (but tbh, I'm only like 2 seasons in so maybe I haven't seen the show's stroke in genius yet). 

I'd put BrBa over Fleabag, but I haven't seen season 2 of that yet

5 hours ago, Avatree said:

Finally got myself a new job. Last couple weeks have really sucked being unemployed, glad to be back working today.

Congrats!  I know how it feels to be unemployed and am celebrating 2 months at the job I love!