Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@CJohn TVI kept alive by Somos Portugal, Jornal das 8 and, surprisingly, Jornal da Uma on Sunday. If Primeiro Jornal hadn't dropped the ball, SIC probably would have won, since they only lost by 0.2% (TVI did 18%, SIC did 17.8%).

RAP lost to Jornal da Noite, however. And Your Face Sounds Familiar is a nightmarish bomb.

GOTG Vol. 2 actually did okay against Somos Portugal.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:18 AM, filmlover said:

Looks like the Emmys are considering following in the footsteps of the Oscars and foregoing a host this year. Not surprised more awards shows joining in after how well that decision ended up turning out.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/emmys-2019-host-fox-television-academy-1203242685/

Humor is cancelled I see.

#Progress

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn TVI kept alive by Somos Portugal, Jornal das 8 and, surprisingly, Jornal da Uma on Sunday. If Primeiro Jornal hadn't dropped the ball, SIC probably would have won, since they only lost by 0.2% (TVI did 18%, SIC did 17.8%).

RAP lost to Jornal da Noite, however. And Your Face Sounds Familiar is a nightmarish bomb.

GOTG Vol. 2 actually did okay against Somos Portugal.

He needs to go on a Summer vacation now. This always happens. Overexposed RAP leads to a drop in ratings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I also watched the first episode of Euphoria last night. Zendaya was pretty good playing completely against type but yeah, I can't see myself sticking with this, sorry.

Hard same. I legit sent Porthos a message after it aired going “OMG I FEEL SO OLD” about it. If they’d all be in college, maybe. But it just felt wildly inappropriate for an adult to watch something this graphic about teenagers. (Even If all the actors are adults.). I also don’t know if it’s just cause I watch too much Olivia Benson over the years, but I couldn’t help thinking some people were gonna be watching this for the wrong reasons. Whole thing just messed with my head. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Image result for we shall see gif

They won’t give Netflix a Best Picture win, what makes you think they’ll give one to you, Apple.

Honestly, this is another reason they should give BP to AEG this year. They can hate on Disney all they want, and the critics can go on and on about the art, but I don’t see anyone else singlehandedly keeping the theatrical exhibition business afloat. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by captainwondyful
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

30 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

They won’t give Netflix a Best Picture win, what makes you think they’ll give one to you, Apple.

Isn't Spielberg behind the Apple studio too? After complaining about Netflix during the last awards season lol. Kinda just reinforces the notion that whole thing was only because DreamWorks was behind Green Book and wanted to prop that movie up (and hey, it worked, so...).

Edited by filmlover
  • Thanks 1

Isn't Spielberg behind the Apple studio too? After complaining about Netflix during the last awards season lol. Kinda just reinforces the notion that whole thing was only because DreamWorks was behind Green Book and wanted to prop that movie up (and hey, it worked, so...).

Spielberg made tv/streaming content for decade and it is something that he talked about way before Green Book was a contender.

Who knows if Apple will not give a Amazon type theatrical release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Honestly, this is another reason they should give BP to AEG this year. They can hate on Disney all they want, and the critics can go on and on about the art, but I don’t see anyone else singlehandedly keeping the theatrical exhibition business afloat. 🤷‍♀️

ugh you better be facetious.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Spielberg made tv/streaming content for decade and it is something that he talked about way before Green Book was a contender.

Who knows if Apple will not give a Amazon type theatrical release.

Netflix releases some of their movies in theaters but 1) it's always very limited and 2) they don't report the numbers while at the same time don't give the concrete numbers for the streaming service either (we'll see how much longer they can continue to do that though) so possibly a similar deal. 

Huge news. Hopefully some very exciting projects emerge from this deal.

I wonder if WB will try and get JJ Abrams to direct a film for them. I wouldn't be shocked if they want him to revitalise any IP they own much like he did with Star Trek, Star Wars and to a lesser extent Mission Impossible.