Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

The complete breakdown:

comscore-films-of-posttrak-data-1-1.jpg

I feel the data is extremely unrepresentative.

For example 85% of the respondent saw more than a movie a month, that combined with the the giant proportions of young movie goers in the pool (26% are 18-24) 69% under 35 and the low number of pooled release (that look close to the number of movie that start with a wide release).

Make it look like a pool mostly made to get the cinemascore type so only the first couple of weeks of only the wide release and extrapolated has if it was representative of the moviegoers in general.

Their age breakdown do not match at all the MPAA report.

Considering the age split being younger of those night and type of movie versus the general reality, that democrat-republican split will not be representative and will overskew democrat, they only pooled 8% of people 55 or above when last year they bought over 21% of the tickets and were nearly 25% of the moviegoers.

the "journalism" around those figure, for example this: https://theworldnews.net/us-news/streaming-hasn-t-squashed-moviegoing-posttrak-s-motion-picture-industry-survey-says, seem quite terrible.

That really strange to say that because 35% of moviegoers also stream it mean anything, that a lot of streamer that never go to the movies, 35% is quite lower than the general population.

The data is quite the young very frequent movie goers that go see wide release in the first week and accept to fill those polling.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

ughh, i'm afraid i'm gonna have to have surgery on my asshole. 

it feels like a lump and its like the computer wants to say its some kind of hemorrhoid,

but it could be like a rectal prolapse.  maybe I should have gotten it looked at sooner.  i'm afraid to go in and have them tell me its going to require surgery.  there is so much pressure in that area.  everything is squeezed together so tight, and then this bulge, it feels broken.

I don't want to deal with doctors with this one either.  I went to a psychologist for a meeting and the place felt wired.  Don't ask don't tell right?  Now i'm risking cancer because of what is outside.  My choice.

Just go to the doctor, dude.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Don't say I didn't warn you with my choice of gif. ;)

You piqued my curiosity with that gif. I needed a disgust/horror. 

(Yes, I take responsibility for my actions; but that doesn’t mean I don’t have to drag you into This too)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

You piqued my curiosity with that gif. I needed a disgust/horror. 

(Yes, I take responsibility for my actions; but that doesn’t mean I don’t have to drag you into This too)

I'll accept being a pusher/enabler as part of my BOT legacy. 👍

• Haha 1