Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Must be the day for trailers for buzzy new shows. Definitely looks like this will be competing in the Drama categories.

Meh.

Steve Carell's talented and everything, but he really needs to stop screaming. Every time I heard him shout in Beautiful Boy, all I could think of was Michael Scott lol

2 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Meh.

Steve Carell's talented and everything, but he really needs to stop screaming. Every time I heard him shout in Beautiful Boy, all I could think of was Michael Scott lol

He needs another Dan in Real Life/Crazy Stupid Love kind of project tbh. Feels like ever since his Oscar nom for Foxcatcher he's been trying to solidify himself as a Very Serious Prestige Actor and it hasn't really worked out.

On 8/18/2019 at 12:50 AM, The Panda said:

I don’t think that scene is specifically about racism at all, could be applied to systemic racism.  But it more easily fits amoung a general working class vs the elite theme.

The biggest divide between us these days is more class then race. 

I have finished my list.  Hard work

1. Apocalypse Now
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. The Farewell
  4. Mad Max: Fury Road
  5. Star Wars
  6. Magnolia
  7. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
  8. Jurassic Park
  9. Kung Fu Panda
  10. Face/Off
  11. Four Weddings
  12. Black Panther
  13. Wind River
  14. Scooby Doo Meets Batman
  15. Sunshine
  16. The Town
  17. Scooby Doo! WrestleVania Mystery
  18. Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country
  19. Mission: Impossible 2
  20. John Wick
  21. Hugo
  22. Frozen
  23. Surfs Up 2: WaveMania
  24. Mission: Impossible - Fallout 
  25. Thor: Ragnarok
  26. Mission: Impossible
  27. Rocky 4
  28. The Rock
  29. Jeremy Renner in Endgame Credits
  30. Scooby Doo! Return to Zombie Island
  31. Jumanji
  32. Scooby Doo! And the Gourmet Ghost
  33. The Avengers
  34. The Wolverine
  35. The Expendables 2
  36. Scooby Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold
  37. Batman: The Killing Joke
  38. Gotti
  39. Con Air
  40. Avengers: Endgame
  41. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  42. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
  43. Thor
  44. Man of Steel
  45. Boo! A Madea Halloween
  46. Doctor Strange
  47. Rampage
  48. Last Night
  49. Toy Story 4
  50. Swordfish

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Must be the day for trailers for buzzy new shows. Definitely looks like this will be competing in the Drama categories.

I think my favorite part was having to rewatch the credits twice and then check IMDB because "why are you calling Ron Livingston Mark Duplass?"

I mean, I'm always here for narratives about women and the unintended hilarity of Steve Carell Trying To Be A Serious Actor In This Role, but is going to promise me Everything?

Everything?

Everthing?

EVERY

THING.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

The biggest divide between us these days is more class then race. 

We are not Americans.

Race divide in the US can be spectacular :

FT_18.11.07_MidtermDemographics_gender-r

64% whites vs 9% black voted for a republican candidate in the 2018 election, opinion on the race situation was one of the biggest predictor of voting pattern:

Among those who said whites are favored in the U.S., 87% voted for Democrats. By contrast, large majorities of those who said minorities are favored (85%) or that no group is favored (69%) voted for Republican candidates.

The higher the income the more likely an American is to be republican, but it is not to the same degree:

Rep Dem Ind (VOL.) Other/DK Rep/Lean Rep Dem/Lean Dem No leaning Unweighted N
DETAILED FAMILY INCOME
$150,000+ 33 32 32 3 46 48 6 1,069
$100,000 to $149,999 34 30 33 3 51 45 4 1,188
$75,000 to $99,999 31 30 35 4 48 44 8 1,084
$50,000 to $74,999 32 30 35 4 49 44 6 1,275
$40,000 to $49,999 31 31 35 3 47 46 7 638
$30,000 to $39,999 31 33 33 3 47 46 7 671
<$30,000 20 43 34 3 32 60 8 1,464

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Wait, so WB is two different movie studios now? Idk about that chief. I liked how they were still releasing smaller stuff in cinemas.

Didn't Soderbergh already release a movie exclusively on HBO before? Maybe this movie would have released on HBO if HBO Max didn't exist. I'm hoping WB continues to release films theatrically.

I have a beautiful pic of my foot I could show you, but don’t know how to.  So imagine a foot with a three inch incision on the big toe and a second, shorter incision on the toe next to the big toe.  More than 30 new dangled double stitches.  And finally the colors.  Red, green and blue.  Because of the red they checked my temp and it was not indicative of an infection so it is now rewrapped.  Ten days for the swelling to go down so I can be put in a cast.

Go Broncos!  And Boo Disney not streaming on amazon.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, carolwoodpr said:

I have a beautiful pic of my foot I could show you, but don’t know how to.  So imagine a foot with a three inch incision on the big toe and a second, shorter incision on the toe next to the big toe.  More than 30 new dangled double stitches.  And finally the colors.  Red, green and blue.  Because of the red they checked my temp and it was not indicative of an infection so it is now rewrapped.  Ten days for the swelling to go down so I can be put in a cast.

Go Broncos!  And Boo Disney not streaming on amazon.

Ow ow ow... slow and steady wins the race, I guess. Hopefully the cast will help with the healing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

I need this shit in my life.

NOW