Jump to content
Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread | Black Lives Matter

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

No matter how many times I watch it, The Terminator seems to get better each and every time. Aside from perhaps Aliens, Cameron never came close to capturing the same crazy energy, urgency and efficiency this one possesses.

 

I might argue that because Cameron had so little money to work with making Terminator, he could not depend on fancy effects, he had to make the story and charecters work. Still think the charecters in Terminator are the best written and most memorable of any Cameron film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia win their 5th World Cup. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

 

 

Huh. I didn't know Sofia Coppola got divorced. And she got divorced from the director of Her, Spike Jonze.

Edited by cannastop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Huh. I didn't know Sofia Coppola got divorced. And she got divorced from the director or Her, Spike Jonze.

Her and Lost in Translation compliment each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Disney+ today the second thing that popped up on the front page was Captain Marvel with the byline "Celebrate International Women's Day." They get it right @Cap?

  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CJohn The new RAP show on SIC is a behemoth. Second week in a row at over 16% rating and just short of 30% share this time.

 

The new Bárbara Guimarães show started off solid as well (12.9% / 26.7%), but reception seems mixed. Dancing With The Stars is a flop (it finished 3rd this week behind Bárbara Guimarães and Got Talent, and it's not the 1st time that's happened), so its lead won't be threatened until the 22nd, but I think Big Brother will come in stronger than expected with this little freebie by SIC. TVI is putting all their eggs on the BB basket... for their sake, it better work.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn The new RAP show on SIC is a behemoth. Second week in a row at over 16% rating and just short of 30% share this time.

 

The new Bárbara Guimarães show started off solid as well (12.9% / 26.7%), but reception seems mixed. Dancing With The Stars is a flop (it finished 3rd this week behind Bárbara Guimarães and Got Talent, and it's not the 1st time that's happened), so its lead won't be threatened until the 22nd, but I think Big Brother will come in stronger than expected with this little freebie by SIC. TVI is putting all their eggs on the BB basket... for their sake, it better work.

TVI dies on the March 21-March 23 period. Nuno Santos is all in on that period with the DWTS finale, BB2020 premiere and Quer o Destino premiere. 

 

BB2020 will lose to RAP. It might lead after that ends but still.

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CJohn said:

TVI dies on the March 21-March 23 period. Nuno Santos is all in on that period with the DWTS finale, BB2020 premiere and Quer o Destino premiere. 

 

BB2020 will lose to RAP. It might lead after that ends but still.

Yeah, that 3 day stretch will truly be do or die for them.

 

I think Dancing finale could pull its best result, but I don't see more than 10% rating tops as a lot of shows lately have flopped when put outside of their regular schedules (like Mental Samurai, which does well on Saturdays but is a total flop on Fridays). A Árvore dos Desejos S2 premiere was a huge letdown though (it led, but it fought strong competition in the Festival da Canção finale and the Mental Samurai S3 premiere and came in way lower than expected), so competition won't be too strong, but I don't forget that DWTS is not much stronger than Mental Samurai and we don't know how Árvore performs like under normal circumstances.

 

Big Brother I have no fucking idea apart from "it loses to RAP and then wins after that". It could either go the Kitchen Nightmares way and breakout, or it could be a total letdown. Marketing has been meh, really, and Cláudio Ramos generated buzz but he's not a good host, nor is he particularly popular. I say... I dunno, maybe 13% for the premiere and then the rest depends on crowd adhesion.

 

Quer o Destino will maybe breach 10% rating / 20-22% share on premiere, go down to maybe 9% / 19% and that's about as good as it can hope for. It should aspire for nothing else than improve Na Corda Bamba's results, which shouldn't be difficult, but the TVI soap floppage has continually surprised me in the last few months so who knows.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Max Von Sydow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 6:43 PM, MrGlass2 said:

It's a classic, but T2 is the best action movie ever.

Terminator 2 is timeless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.