Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, that 3 day stretch will truly be do or die for them.

I think Dancing finale could pull its best result, but I don't see more than 10% rating tops as a lot of shows lately have flopped when put outside of their regular schedules (like Mental Samurai, which does well on Saturdays but is a total flop on Fridays). A Árvore dos Desejos S2 premiere was a huge letdown though (it led, but it fought strong competition in the Festival da Canção finale and the Mental Samurai S3 premiere and came in way lower than expected), so competition won't be too strong, but I don't forget that DWTS is not much stronger than Mental Samurai and we don't know how Árvore performs like under normal circumstances.

Big Brother I have no fucking idea apart from "it loses to RAP and then wins after that". It could either go the Kitchen Nightmares way and breakout, or it could be a total letdown. Marketing has been meh, really, and Cláudio Ramos generated buzz but he's not a good host, nor is he particularly popular. I say... I dunno, maybe 13% for the premiere and then the rest depends on crowd adhesion.

Quer o Destino will maybe breach 10% rating / 20-22% share on premiere, go down to maybe 9% / 19% and that's about as good as it can hope for. It should aspire for nothing else than improve Na Corda Bamba's results, which shouldn't be difficult, but the TVI soap floppage has continually surprised me in the last few months so who knows.

I think DWTS can lead on Saturday. It should be strong enough to do it. Even on Sundays it was either strong like last weekend or 3rd place mega bomb like this weekend. TVI needs to stop burning Mental Samurai on Fridays tho, that is fucking dumb.

BB2020 will bomb imo. Hosts are not strong enough. Cláudio Ramos cant draw for shit. RAP will destroy it. It won't surprise me if it does 20-21% share against 24 Horas de Vida and barely wins. 

Meanwhile the soap, the less we talk about it the better. I expect maybe 20% share for the premiere and to stabilize at 16-17% share. Carolina Loureiro is too strong. She cannot be defeated.

Meanwhile coronavirus might actually help all of these shows. Onward has just become one of the biggest bombs of all time here. A truly horrifying number I won't dare to mention. People are only going out of the house to go to work. That is it. So TV should see ratings increase.

• Like 1

Well my state just went under a state of emergency basically because of the virus.

Yes, I know it's mainly for funding and stuff like that so they can get supplies and such, but still it is what it is.

It won't stop me from doing anything, but there were some events coming up in the next few weeks that may or may not be affected now.

Edited by 75Live

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

It's his work with Bergmann he will be best remembered for. IMHO 'THe Seventh Seal" is one of the greatest films of all time.

Impressed by how many top notch actors have come out of that country.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls009305141/

Stellan Skarsgard, Noomi Rapace and Alicia Vikander must carry the torch. :)

Edited by lilmac

13 hours ago, CJohn said:

I think DWTS can lead on Saturday. It should be strong enough to do it. Even on Sundays it was either strong like last weekend or 3rd place mega bomb like this weekend. TVI needs to stop burning Mental Samurai on Fridays tho, that is fucking dumb.

BB2020 will bomb imo. Hosts are not strong enough. Cláudio Ramos cant draw for shit. RAP will destroy it. It won't surprise me if it does 20-21% share against 24 Horas de Vida and barely wins. 

Meanwhile the soap, the less we talk about it the better. I expect maybe 20% share for the premiere and to stabilize at 16-17% share. Carolina Loureiro is too strong. She cannot be defeated.

Meanwhile coronavirus might actually help all of these shows. Onward has just become one of the biggest bombs of all time here. A truly horrifying number I won't dare to mention. People are only going out of the house to go to work. That is it. So TV should see ratings increase.

I mean, it's definitely easier to put a Sunday show on a Saturday, so I imagine DWTS is in fact strong enough to at least pull the win. Again, I think it should at least match the 9.9% rating it did last weekend. But it's definitely not breaching beyond low to mid 10% tops and I think Árvore dos Desejos will come closer than expected. Make no mistake: the show is undefeated since S1 and the S2 premiere, letdown or not, still won against brutal competition. Under normal circumstances, it should hit 10%+. We'll see what happens. And yeah, Mental Samurai on Fridays has been a wreck. It's not happening this week, though, but it should happen again when DWTS takes Saturday. And TVI have already announced that Boom will be weekly, so a Mental Samurai on Fridays and Boom on Saturdays schedule could happen, which would bomb horribly but whatever.

RAP will definitely curbstomp BB2020, but who knows regarding 24 Horas, honestly. I mean, the premiere wasn't that strong and the show has been criticized for lack of content and not being positioned favorably (it isn't a Sunday night show according to those who saw it). I will say that I don't see BB doing more than, say, 11-12% post-premiere, but until The Farmer Wants A Wife premieres, that should be enough to be competitive at least. Cláudio Ramos ain't drawing anyone, but a good casting could. But if TVI botches that, bombs away.

Agree, the soap is either gonna lift the current results or it's another bomb. I'm not as pessimistic as you because audiences love rural stories and Quer o Destino seems fairly light as well (apart from the central revenge motto), not to mention that it has been promoted forever now, but no way it's beating Nazaré, Nazaré is a 14-15% rating juggernaut. It's like the biggest weekday primetime hit since the 1st few months of A Herdeira. The soap should only hope to improve results.

And yeah, coronavirus is already helping. Primeiro Jornal scored 37% share on LIVE alone yesterday. Fucking insane.

Seriously, I hate how politicized the coronavirus has become (just like everything else). 

So now, just because there was a brief discussion about it at the beginning of history class, and I responded to someone saying "this is worse than Black Death" by saying "we're not ALL going to die you know", I get called a "Trump-loving white supremacist" in front of my history class. And did the prof say anything? Of course not...

It seems now that anyone who's not calling for the 'end of the world' is suddenly a right-wing fascist. Because of course, that makes total sense :qotd:

Edited by DAJK
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Seriously, I hate how politicized the coronavirus has become (just like everything else). 

So now, just because there was a brief discussion about it at the beginning of history class, and I responded to someone saying "this is worse than Black Death" by saying "we're not ALL going to die you know", I get called a "Trump-loving white supremacist" in front of my history class. And did the prof say anything? Of course not...

It seems now that anyone who's not calling for the 'end of the world' is suddenly a right-wing fascist. Because of course, that makes total sense :qotd:

Yep, sadly, sounds correct.  It is even happening here.  Some people just don't know how to have actual human interactions.  And no, I don't mean they won't interact due to the virus 😛

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Yep, sadly, sounds correct.  It is even happening here.  Some people just don't know how to have actual human interactions.  And no, I don't mean they won't interact due to the virus 😛

I'm obviously not calling out anyone who says the virus is a problem. I think it is a problem too. A big problem, and one that will likely get bigger. And I don't think Jordanne in my history class is representative of most people. But it still sucks that people can't just freaking work together on such a universal issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I'm obviously not calling out anyone who says the virus is a problem. I think it is a problem too. A big problem, and one that will likely get bigger. And I don't think Jordanne in my history class is representative of most people. But it still sucks that people can't just freaking work together on such a universal issue. 

Totally agree with you

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Well, if we did not have a total idiot as POTUS who is badly mishandling the situation....

That's the problem. You can't trust ANYTHING that Trump says about the virus he has already lied so much about it.

Edited by dudalb

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Well, if we did not have a total idiot as POTUS who is badly mishandling the situation....

That's the problem. You can't trust ANYTHING that Trump says about the virus he has already lied so much about it.

I'm not tryna play 'so you're saying' but is what you're implying that if we didn't have Trump there would be no issues with how the public is dealing with the virus?

Now, if we didn't have Trump things would be A LOT better (not just with the virus lmao) but I think you're giving too much credit to the public. As Agent K said, a person may be smart, but people are stupid. People were never going to react rationally, and everyone looks to a scapegoat of "if so and so didn't exist everything would be fine" (people calling out all Asians (stupid), people saying it's all Trump's fault (some merit, but again not the whole picture)). 

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm not tryna play 'so you're saying' but is what you're implying that if we didn't have Trump there would be no issues with how the public is dealing with the virus?

Now, if we didn't have Trump things would be A LOT better (not just with the virus lmao) but I think you're giving too much credit to the public. As Agent K said, a person may be smart, but people are stupid. People were never going to react rationally, and everyone looks to a scapegoat of "if so and so didn't exist everything would be fine" (people calling out all Asians (stupid), people saying it's all Trump's fault (some merit, but again not the whole picture)). 

Maybe, but point is Trump is providing lousy leadership at atime when we need good leadership. Trump has lied so much people just don't trust him.

That is huge in a crisis. 

And yes, if we had Obama..or even Bush.. as president, I don't think the panic would be quite as bad.