Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Seriously, I hate how politicized the coronavirus has become (just like everything else). 

So now, just because there was a brief discussion about it at the beginning of history class, and I responded to someone saying "this is worse than Black Death" by saying "we're not ALL going to die you know", I get called a "Trump-loving white supremacist" in front of my history class. And did the prof say anything? Of course not...

It seems now that anyone who's not calling for the 'end of the world' is suddenly a right-wing fascist. Because of course, that makes total sense :qotd:

Modern day discussion in Universities is like this...

(a chair has 4 legs)

Person 1: The Chair has 4 legs

Person 2: No it has 3 legs

Person 1: No, see 1, 2, 3, 4 legs!

Person 2: You are an alt right incel Trump lover! 

:kitschjob:

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Maybe, but point is Trump is providing lousy leadership at atime when we need good leadership. Trump has lied so much people just don't trust him.

That is huge in a crisis. 

And yes, if we had Obama..or even Bush.. as president, I don't think the panic would be quite as bad.

To be fair, there have been crises blown out of proportion before the trump era, and there will be more after trump. It’s an underlying problem with people, and while trump doesn’t help we can’t take blame away from ourselves too

27 minutes ago, DAJK said:

To be fair, there have been crises blown out of proportion before the trump era, and there will be more after trump. It’s an underlying problem with people, and while trump doesn’t help we can’t take blame away from ourselves too

I see you seem to  have trouble understanding that leadership you have trust in is all important in a situation like this. Learn some freaking history.

I suggest Churchill in 1940 as an example.

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Modern day discussion in Universities is like this...

(a chair has 4 legs)

Person 1: The Chair has 4 legs

Person 2: No it has 3 legs

Person 1: No, see 1, 2, 3, 4 legs!

Person 2: You are an alt right incel Trump lover! 

:kitschjob:

SO you think Donnie is handling the situation well....

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

No i meant instead of looking at the debate in question (the chair) people generally like to dimiss others or not look at each other opinions by saying 'you like Trump" or "liberal snowflake" 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

NO! People like you making those sorts of accusations is what’s part of the problem here :lol:

also lmao you telling me to learn history is fucking rich

Edited by DAJK
  • Thanks 1

One of the main rugby league/football stadiums in Sydney has been demolished and a new one will be built in the same spot.

Fox League channel made an ad in the rubble with Jimmy Barnes.

• Like 1

Rewatched Season 1 and 2 of Westworld (and finally finished the final episode of season 2 which I didn't finish the first time because it just got way too convuluted for me). Honestly, barring the first and final episodes of season 2, I think season 2 is better than season 1. Yeah, it does get complicated just for the sake of it but I found it to be a lot more emotional than the first season. The two mostly self-contained episodes about the Japanese park and the native Americans were my favourite, not just in the season but maybe the whole show. I also loved the way they they progrossed Teddy (James Marsden was also a lot better than I remembered, the guy really needs to take better movie roles than roles in movies about fictional characters coming to the real world since he was geniunely great in this show) and The Man in Black.

Edited by lorddemaxus