Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I think this is a great cause that Anonymous is getting behind!

I feel we need to somehow remove the systemic racism that is prevalent in police forces throughout the US and around the world. As a POC who has had negative altercations with the police in the past (luckily nothing too serious) I can only imagine the fear that Black people in the US feel as gun violence and killing by officers are all to common. Black Lives Matter! 

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

I think this is a great cause that Anonymous is getting behind!

I feel we need to somehow remove the systemic racism that is prevalent in police forces throughout the US and around the world. As a POC who has had negative altercations with the police in the past (luckily nothing too serious) I can only imagine the fear that Black people in the US feel as gun violence and killing by officers are all to common. Black Lives Matter! 

That video reeks of bullshit. Almost anyone can become Anonymous. All that happened was a DDOS attack. This is probably just some teenager who actually can't hack and is trying to exploit what's happening in America.

Edited by lorddemaxus

42 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That video reeks of bullshit. Almost anyone can become Anonymous. All that happened was a DDOS attack. This is probably just some teenager who actually can't hack and is trying to exploit what's happening in America.

It’s hard to verify given the anonymity of the group. It has gotten a lot of traction though and no one (that I know of) has come out saying it’s not Anon, but we’ll probably never know for sure. 

The images of what's going on are among the most surreal things I've seen in my lifetime. It's like something out of the Purge movies. Been pretty calm around where I am (and hopefully stays that way) with shopping centers/stores putting out flowers and American flags out front and saw a guy waving a giant American flag on the sidewalk yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

It’s hard to verify given the anonymity of the group. It has gotten a lot of traction though and no one (that I know of) has come out saying it’s not Anon, but we’ll probably never know for sure. 

It's not a proper group anymore. There's no Anonymous. It's pretty much just marketing these days.

7 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I also recommend people support city bail funds. The great Matthew A. Cherry has plenty of links below

For ones like this, do they only release people who shouldn't be in jail? Because I mean, there are people who do need to be in jail, while many others are in there wrongfully. I just want to make sure that if I'm donating somewhere, these bail funds are going towards people who shouldn't be in prison

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DAJK said:

For ones like this, do they only release people who shouldn't be in jail? Because I mean, there are people who do need to be in jail, while many others are in there wrongfully. I just want to make sure that if I'm donating somewhere, these bail funds are going towards people who shouldn't be in prison

Of course not.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

That's kinda gonna be impossible for any charity drive to police.  You're better off funding a personal go fund me or something similar if you want to help the specific person.

Or, you could continue to give to your local community - most food banks are hurting severely, and would desperately welcome your funds or your product donations.  And families whose breadwinner(s) is/are placed in jail will suffer income loss that may bring them to need these services quickly.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

I encourage you to go to their websites and read their mission statements and what their goals and objectives are. You’ll get a sense of whether you approve or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Normally if you need to be in jail (imminent threat of violence, flight risk, etc...) you will not receive a bail deal by the state.

Edited by Barnack

On 5/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, Eric Atreides said:

Felt it was a good time to say the following:

@YourMother the Edgelord @Morieris @Jandrew @Inceptionzq and all of our fellow black BOT members, just wanted to tell you guys we love you all and wish the best for you in the future. ACAB, Fuck Trump, and Black Lives Matter

What am I? Chopped liver.

• Like 3