Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Delighted for D'Arcy Carden, William Jackson Harper, Zendaya, Paul Mescal, Shira Haas, and every Succession nominee.

Disappointed for Bob Odenkirk, Rhea Seehorn, Kaitlyn Dever, and Tom Pelphrey (he was my bet to WIN Supporting Actor in a Drama).

Edited by gadd
  • Like 2

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

Sad year for the Emmys, few people will care about most of these second-tier niche shows. But maybe it is the new normal.

Weren't you saying months ago that Watchmen wouldn't be a big player at the Emmys, lmfao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Jim Parsons getting in over Tim Blake Nelson is so dumb, lmao

On the other hand, Watchmen got made up half the nominees in that category which is pretty impressive. It's between that and Mrs. America (which also made an impressive showing in the acting categories even with the Byrne and Paulson snubs) for the win.

It's too bad only one of the Unbelievable women got nominated (although I had a feeling Dever was gonna get snubbed anyway) but that clearly decided to shake things up a bit. Kerry happening without Reese is also a surprise although I assume the latter would've gotten in if not for Octavia.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

On the other hand, Watchmen got made up half the nominees in that category which is pretty impressive. It's between that and Mrs. America (which also made an impressive showing in the acting categories even with the Byrne and Paulson snubs) for the win.

Yeah, but Parsons was both a legitimately terrible performance and that character's arc was morally reprehensible haha

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Weren't you saying months ago that Watchmen wouldn't be a big player at the Emmys, lmfao

Didn't realize the competition is now so weak, or that Watchmen would try to cheat the system by going for mini-series after getting canceled. But let's wait to see how many it actually wins, even in an easier category.

• Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

the zendaya nomination makes up for a lot, but i didn't expect mando and stranger things to make it in over the morning show and big little lies in drama 

Also I think Schitt's Creek has the most nominations. Anybody else here seen it?

• Like 1