Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, but Parsons was both a legitimately terrible performance and that character's arc was morally reprehensible haha

I'm not overly against his nomination since he brought an energy to the program that was lacking from the mostly amateurish younger actors (that applies to pretty much all of the respected veterans on the show). I'm actually surprised it didn't get in Limited considering it got 4 acting noms overall, but there were too many better options for a poorly-reviewed series to get in even with the pedigree behind it.

8 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Didn't realize the competition is now so weak, or that Watchmen would try to cheat the system by going for mini-series after getting canceled. But let's wait to see how many it actually wins, even in an easier category.

Watchmen didn't get cancelled. HBO were all for making a 2nd season if Lindelof wanted to. He didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

obviously succession should just win everything. at least the emmys realized how embarrassing it was when they didn't nominate any of the actors last year.

Cousin Greg, emmy nominee

10 minutes ago, Eric Sparrow said:

Also I think Schitt's Creek has the most nominations. Anybody else here seen it?

I've been binging it over the past month. Season 1 was okay, but 2 was a massive step up and now I'm hooked. The cast are just fantastic.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

obviously succession should just win everything.

Succession, Watchmen and Schitt's Creek are probably the favorites for the top 3 awards.

I do wonder what the ceremony will look like. The nominations announcement was so cringey because of the delays on zoom. Leslie Jones telling Laverne Cox that she was nominated took forever and by the end it was like "Just drop it".

Just now, filmlover said:

Also congrats to Disney+ for scoring a Best Drama Series nomination in their first year.

hey this time next year they might win since all these shows (except the crown) haven't shot their next season and Mandalorian 2 is already in the can.

Just now, grim22 said:

I do wonder what the ceremony will look like.

If they do have an actual ceremony, it'll likely be at a smaller venue without a red carpet and the only people in attendance will be the nominees (at least the ones that live in LA or don't but feel safe enough to travel there).

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

obviously succession should just win everything. at least the emmys realized how embarrassing it was when they didn't nominate any of the actors last year.

The show didn't have anywhere near as much buzz last year as it did this year. I only got on board the Succession train when Season 2 started airing and the reviews were extremely positive. I think its surprise Writing win at last year's Emmy ceremony was partly due to the fact that Season 2 aired during the voting period and every episode seemed to get better reviews than the last.

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, Mandalorian getting a Best Drama nomination is like TROS getting a Best Picture nomination at the Oscars

emmys are a lot worse than the Oscars so I wouldn’t go that far, they don’t even award non-English shows 

I'd be pretty happy with Succession winning every category it got nominated for. Easily the best nominee in every single category it got nominated in. The drama section itself looks really, really weak so it would be really, really dumb if anything else won.

Edit: Also lol, Steve Carrell over Bob Odenkirk for lead actor and the Westworld actors (Tess Thompson was the only good actor this season) getting in is just bizarre.

Edited by lorddemaxus