Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'd be pretty happy with Succession winning every category it got nominated for. Easily the best nominee in every single category it got nominated in. The drama section itself looks really, really weak so it would be really, really dumb if anything else won.

Edit: Also lol, Steve Carrell over Bob Odenkirk for lead actor and the Westworld actors (Tess Thompson was the only good actor this season) getting in is just bizarre.

Carell did get nominated at SAG earlier this year so clearly there was support for him despite The Morning Show underperforming (and Space Force was too much of a critical bomb for even a name check nomination in the Comedy category so it was his best shot).

The Emmys are typically slow in completely dropping shows that start to really lose their luster so it's not much of a shock Westworld still managed to get some nominations from them.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 3:30 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Also just want to mention that Any Seimetz's (the "ex-girlfriend") is an accomplished filmmaker and actor and her new movie releasing this weekend is She Dies Tomorrow. Give it a look if you haven't.

Captures.PNG

guess I'll also be watching :thinking:

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why is Ryan Murphy involved in so much Netflix stuff this year?

He made a super big deal with them a few years ago that included TV shows, documentaries, and movies and wasted no time in pumping out content for them. Some of these projects like The Politician and Ratched were originally going to be under his Fox/FX deal before that partnership ended following the announcement of the Disney sale and he brought them over to Netflix (although Fox is still credited as a production company on them).

He's only a producer/director on Ratched so that seems like a good sign for it since the stuff he actually writes (The Politician, Hollywood) is usually much worse than the projects in which he only works in those capacities (plus it has Paulson, his good luck charm, so...).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

yeah ever since the cancelled Cannes lineup was announced earlier this year it was heavily rumored that Annette was gonna wait until Cannes 2021. so this just confirms it.

makes sense they wanna stick to Cannes since his Carax's last 2 films also debuted there.

Carax & Amazon are gonna want to put it in theaters first before prime. Adam Driver's 2021 will be incredible

Managed to get to see my dad for the first time since March.

He was 101 last month, still going strong and I still learn something new from his past each time I see him.

Nobody could even imagine what he has seen, some it of it beyond awful.

• Like 8

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:17 PM, grim22 said:

I do wonder what the ceremony will look like.

You got your answer. Virtual ceremony it is.

No surprise, but the 2020 Emmys are going virtual.

Shortly after the nominations were announced yesterday, this year’s Emmy executive producers — including host Jimmy Kimmel — sent a letter to key acting nominees informing them that this year’s ceremony will be virtual, and asking them to prepare to participate from home, or wherever they want to be.

“As you’ve probably guessed, we’re not going to be asking you to come to the Microsoft Theatre in downtown LA on September 20th,” the letter says, in part. “This year, it’s still going to be TV industry’s biggest night out… but we’ll come to you!”

Details are still forthcoming, but the letter says, “We are assembling a top notch team of technicians, producers and writers to work closely with Jimmy Kimmel and with you and your team, to make sure that we can film with you (and loved ones or whomever else you choose to be with) at your home, or another location of your choice. We’re going to make you look fabulous – we’re exploring the cutting edge of technology to allow to use good cameras and lighting and look forward to working with you to produce your unique ‘on screen” moments.’”

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/emmys-2020-virtual-jimmy-kimmel-1234720151/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

Reading through this piece, I feel like Murphy didn't really understand the book or movie at all

20 hours ago, Eric Sparrow said:

still a bop

Speaking of which (and the announcement of this new CMBYN-esque sounding Pixar movie) I assume all love for Armie has been lost after he went full Susan Sarandon the other day before deleting those tweets. Clearly he's taking his split really hard.

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of which (and the announcement of this new CMBYN-esque sounding Pixar movie) I assume all love for Armie has been lost after he went full Susan Sarandon the other day before deleting those tweets. Clearly he's taking his split really hard.

Gonna have to give me the details here.