Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

33 minutes ago, MrPink said:

On desktop, there's a little 'X' to the top right corner of the signature and you can ignore it.

I can see the x, but it says ~ there is a problem...  = does not work, but I am on an ipad, settings desktop s(similar, not fully a desktop)

I could also not change it in the notebook in the past, older browser, maybe the reason?

Thx anyway :) 

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I can see the x, but it says ~ there is a problem...  = does not work, but I am on an ipad, settings desktop s(similar, not fully a desktop)

I could also not change it in the notebook in the past, older browser, maybe the reason?

Thx anyway :) 

It came up with an error for me too, but it still hides the signature regardless. :)

• Like 1

Haven't been on the forum much this afternoon/evening, but I wanted to pay some respects to another all time great that the world of baseball lost today. :(

So sad we lost both him and Tom Seaver in a matter of days.

RIP, Mr. Brock. :(

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, tree said:

It came up with an error for me too, but it still hides the signature regardless. :)

Interesting, for me its one time on, one time off now... (have to clear the cookies maybe). The strange details of a forum‘s software, different browsers combinations ... never the same :) 

Thank you for the hint I‘ll observe it now, who knows...

Something just strke me. One effect of the tragic death of Chadwick would be that Marvel Studios is going to move much quicker on the Fox Acquisitions...Fantastic Four and the X men..thant they would have otherwise. THe BP franchise..which was going to be one of their huge tenepole franchises in the post Iinfinty Wars MCU...is in limbo,and they really need anothet bit tentpole to replace it.

And we have a "Mulan" controversy. Apprently some of the fim was shot in the Chinese Province where the Chinese goverhment is busy oppressing ethnic minorities.

I don't think this will have much impact on the box office. but it does throw open a subject which I am disturbed about' The way the US entertainment industry panders to the Chinese Governement for business reasons. Look at selling US tech to Germany and scrap metal to Japan for reference.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:42 AM, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Straight out of Blade Runner 2049

Worse in Sacramento.

I work for a federal land management agency, and our fire section is asking people who retired to come back as temps to help out. it's bad.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

An absolute legend, whose career spanned decades. 

The world is a poorer place today. :( 

her Mrs Peel was one of the sexiest chareters ever on TV.

RIgg had it all, Sexy as hell and a superb actress to boot. She could move from a spy thriller to Shakespeare without any trouble.

She even had a impact on the other "Avengers' Stan Lee and Jack Kirby radically changed the appreance  of The Black Widow in 1966 to strongly resemble Rig's Mrs Peel on "The Avengers". before Natasha wors a set of tights with stockings, a sort of Black Canary imtation. What Lee and Kirby did with her appreance in 1966-67 is pretty much what we saw in the movies.

WW84 moving to Chistmas release, no word on what will happen with Dune.since it would be stupid, even in a non Virus situation, to release two huge budget movies so close to each other.

IMHO this makes no sense, since the Virus, if anything, will be a bigger problem in Late December then early November due to Cold Weather. Warners seems pretty consufsed in it's release strategy. I would bet bigtime WW84

moves to 2021.