Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

About goddamn time:

From what I can tell, she's deserved this opportunity for a very long time and I'm just going to say I'm glad to see she's finally been given a chance to make her shot.

@4815162342 @Plain Old Tele @TwoMisfits @Webslinger plus other baseball fans currently active on BOT.

Yes, well-deserved. Back in the McCourt days, I was hoping she’d become GM of the Dodgers. I gotta root for the Marlins now. Bravo to her. 

• Like 1

*tap* *tap* *tap*

Is this mic on?

*tap* *tap* *tap*

===

Anyone else getting security certificate errors trying to log on today?  Only just cleared up on one of my browsers just now.  Still getting them on a couple of other browsers/machines.

• Like 1

I'm still getting random security certificate errors trying to access the site, completely independent of browser and machine.  Comes and goes seemingly at random.

Is there some sort of propagation of an updated DNS going or something?

I don't know if this is just me or not, but it does appear that there's very little traffic on the board right now and I'm wondering if this isn't an isolated thing.

Gonna flag some of the Staff, if only so they can pass the word along to the technical minded folks on Staff.

@DeeCee @Water Bottle @grim22 @Cap @Eric Karga

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm still getting random security certificate errors trying to access the site, completely independent of browser and machine.  Comes and goes seemingly at random.

Is there some sort of propagation of an updated DNS going or something?

I don't know if this is just me or not, but it does appear that there's very little traffic on the board right now and I'm wondering if this isn't an isolated thing.

Gonna flag some of the Staff, if only so they can pass the word along to the technical minded folks on Staff.

@DeeCee @Water Bottle @grim22 @Cap @Eric Karga

Yeah... my server crashed and seems to have corrupted itself.  I have been working the last couple days to get everything back up and that has resulted in a couple of DNS changes that are having trouble fully propagating.

Right now I can only see the forum on certain computers.

Shawn is making a change today to direct forums.boxofficetheory.com straight here from GoDaddy and bypass my server completely which should be much more reliable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those still getting the security warning on some browsers.  It's safe to go to 'Advanced' and continue on to the forums.  The error is because Chrome thinks it should be https and it isn't always.  The forums never access anything on your computer and do not request any sensitive information.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndyLL said:

For those still getting the security warning on some browsers.  It's safe to go to 'Advanced' and continue on to the forums.  The error is because Chrome thinks it should be https and it isn't always.  The forums never access anything on your computer and do not request any sensitive information.

FWIW I tried to click through on the link in the Advanced section on one of my machines and then got a 404 Page Not Found error presumably from plesk.com.

Folks might just have to wait for the redirect from Shawn's switch to start going through.  Unless that's what I'm seeing at the moment.

Prob little you can do about it, but just providing some updated info.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

FWIW I tried to click through on the link in the Advanced section on one of my machines and then got a 404 Page Not Found error presumably from plesk.com.

Folks might just have to wait for the redirect from Shawn's switch to start going through.  Unless that's what I'm seeing at the moment.

Prob little you can do about it, but just providing some updated info.

Working now on all my devices. 👍

*knocks on wood for it to stay that way*

• Like 1

Probably not helping anyway, but just in case its a small little detail of interest:

for around 27h only reaction was ‚server not found‘... never any other message or whatever. Tried it e.g. the last hour rather often, first time - I guess 10 minutes back - that I got in.

I had to re-login between a few likes and this post.

Twitter and/or facebook accounts... of BOT

maybe use those for saying technical problems... ? I thought for a time my ... let’s call it temperamental router is the culprit (we need a new one - since months).

Saw questions about ~ if others too.... bla bla problems here at reddit.

Btw, there is a certain member of BOT (if the same name is the same user) who quotes at reddit even in theead-titles eg our Asgard 1 per name (as far as I understand it that is a big nono?)

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Probably not helping anyway, but just in case its a small little detail of interest:

for around 27h only reaction was ‚server not found‘... never any other message or whatever. Tried it e.g. the last hour rather often, first time - I guess 10 minutes back - that I got in.

I had to re-login between a few likes and this post.

Twitter and/or facebook accounts... of BOT

maybe use those for saying technical problems... ? I thought for a time my ... let’s call it temperamental router is the culprit (we need a new one - since months).

Saw questions about ~ if others too.... bla bla problems here at reddit.

The technical issues were my server and not your router... at least in this case.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

The technical issues were my server and not your router... at least in this case.

I know, only the first hour or less I doubted it - as it is too often the reason for varying problems at home (not there for the moment)

More meant for how some told they got security warnings.... was not the case for me.

Maybe my location, maybe the browser... I do not know what detail might add to a complete picture and which wont add. 😉. (including times of day per length and since when....)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1