Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Whoa. No lie: I actually have Knives Out on as background noise while working right now. Between that and showing Juno to my film class right before reading that Elliot Page had come out, it’s sure been a time for weirdly coincidental viewing choices on my end.

Anyway, RIP. Plummer was a terrific actor and I was especially impressed with how many quality performances he kept churning out in the last decade or so of his life.

Plummer , of course had a long film career, but his first love was the stage.He won two Tony awards.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

This was a bummer headline to read. Grew up watching a lot of Blue Sky movies (I especially have a huge soft spot for Rio), and I really hope all those animators find great jobs, even if the East Coast is sorely underrepresented in terms of animation studios

• Like 5

What was the last Blue Sky movie that wasn't an afterthought even upon release anyway? The Peanuts Movie? It's impressive that Disney waited this long (their last movie was December 2019's Spies in Disguise) to close it down when they already have two powerhouse animated labels under their actual brand.

8 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

SMG is distancing herself from Joss as well. 

Don't see Whedon getting any major work after this. I remain a huge fan of his work (Buffy is Top 3 Show for me) but the stories about Charisma Carpenter on Angel never sat right so glad more people finally know what happened.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

It's been almost 20 years since Angel season 4. Finally we know what actually happened and why Cordelia was basically ruined as a character. I am glad Charisma finally feels comfortable sharing this in public. Buffy will always be my favorite show of all time but yeah, Whedon is probably done, and good riddance. 

• Like 2