Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 3/14/2020 at 12:06 AM, CJohn said:

End of times. BB2020 is apparently gonna get delayed as well. All live shows are cancelled. 

You were on the mark. Just announced: BB2020 was delayed. Wise and inevitable.

The corona has impacted TV positively, though. News broadcasts have been big hits in the last couple of days, including a string of consecutive days where the three main news broadcasts at night crossed 10% rating. Also, the all-day long coronavirus special on Friday on TVI was a bit of a flop, but the atypical Saturday programming didn't go too bad as the replacements to the live shows maintained the same results and the prime time did better than normal:

• Inspetor Max replaced the Isabel SIlva Você na TV specials and it did about the same, if not slightly less, so it was a flop, but at least it cost nothing and wasn't a copy of the competition;
  • Conta-me como És, the Fátima interview show, moved back to 2:45PM and slightly improved its own and the time schedule's results;
  • A Querido Mudei a Casa repeat did 10.7% share... enough for 2nd place;
  • A Kitchen Nightmares repeat did 11% share, again enough for 2nd place;
  • A news broadcast aired at 7PM and did fine, about 13% share;
  • Jornal das 8 crossed 10% rating again and beat Telejornal for 2nd place despite a worse lead-in;
  • Mental Samurai lost to A Árvore dos Desejos, but maintained normal results;
  • Na Corda Bamba won for only the 2nd time and hit 18.3% share, one of its best shares yet;
  • The midnight news lead as well.

RTP's atypical programming also kept itself together:

• A repeat of the Catarina Furtado kids show Aqui Mandam as Crianças saw its final stretch above Max in 2nd place;
  • The early afternoon bombed, but the Got Talent repeat recovered and trailed TVI decently;
  • The Price Is Right capped the afternoon off with 15% share, not terrible for a Saturday afternoon with a 10% share lead-in.

SIC only had a Baião repeat as atypical, which did meh, but they comfortably won the day with mostly normal programming (Jornal da Noite, Primeiro Jornal and Árvore dos Desejos in particular all did great; Alta Definição, E-Especial, Crocodile Dundee and Suicide Squad also overperformed).

Edited by MCKillswitch123

The Marcelo communication was sweet fucking trash and a bunch of nothing. Costa and Marcelo need to drop the closing hammer on shoppings. Why the fuck is Rádio Popular where my mom works still opened?! And from what she says, a shit ton of people still go there.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I’m making my way through The Simpsons on Disney+ (at least until I get to the lesser seasons), and I had forgotten just what a huge improvement Season 2 was over the original. There’s so much early installment weirdness in the first season, but then just about everything that works about the show seems to settle into place in the S2 premiere, Bart Gets an F.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

It is going to be interesing to see ESPN and the other sports networks run around trying to find programming now that Sports are pretty much dead for the time being.

Here we go.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-to-launch-discussions-with-espn-to-take-advantage-of-global-sport-suspensions-20200315-p54a9y.html

15 hours ago, CJohn said:

The Marcelo communication was sweet fucking trash and a bunch of nothing. Costa and Marcelo need to drop the closing hammer on shoppings. Why the fuck is Rádio Popular where my mom works still opened?! And from what she says, a shit ton of people still go there.

*insert the Money In The Bank theme song*

That's why shoppings aren't closed yet.

Btw, Jornal da Noite and RAP did 16.9% and 18.7%....... RATING on Sunday. Fucking Hell.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

*insert the Money In The Bank theme song*

That's why shoppings aren't closed yet.

Btw, Jornal da Noite and RAP did 16.9% and 18.7%....... RATING on Sunday. Fucking Hell.

Jesus christ I was about to mention the same. RAP fucking SLAYED. Biggest male draw on TV, there is no match. One of the most watched comedy shows of the last 10 years. The people want RAP in their VEINS.

• Astonished 1

Me:  I'm sick of all this COVID talk.  Gonna check out Twitter and see if there's anything else going on.

*sees DeAndre Hopkins was traded to Arizona*

VQKuUTa.gif

Really thankful I'm not a Texans fan.  :ph34r:

Do wonder just what this does to his fantasy value, as i have him in my keeper league.

5 hours ago, CJohn said:

Jesus christ I was about to mention the same. RAP fucking SLAYED. Biggest male draw on TV, there is no match. One of the most watched comedy shows of the last 10 years. The people want RAP in their VEINS.

The ratings in general went absolutely fucking mental last night.

Jornal da Noite actually did 17.2% rating, not the 16.9% I had said. Jornal das 8 came 2nd with 12.1% (and it did under 20% share with that rating, btw :ohmygod:).

24 Horas de Vida took the mental lead-in from RAP and increased from last week, doing 13.2% rating. Mental Samurai did 8.3% and a Got Talent best-of did 7.7% or something like that.

Just For Laughs (Não Há Crise) did 10.8% and TVI's 7PM news did 9.5%. Two million viewers between the two main channels at 7 fucking PM.

Primeiro Jornal broke record again and did 11.4%. Jornal da Uma did 8.6% and Jornal da Tarde 7.4%. THESE ARE 1PM SHOWS, BY THE WAY.

A Marco Paulo concert on TVI filled the Somos Portugal void pretty well with a 7.5% rating. AT 3 FUCKING PM.

The Mass had ludicrous results: the RTP one at 10AM did 5.4% rating and, I believe, 17.6% share, while the TVI one at 11AM did 5.6% rating and 15.5% share. 10AM and 11AM shows combining for over a million viewers. Infuckingsanity.

It all went bonkers. The only massive disappointment was the "antestreia" of Brazilian soap Amor de Mãe, which bombed with 6.4% / 16%. Still, it beat Na Corda Bamba (cause of course it would, it had a 13% lead-in and Na Corda Bamba is a laughable failure).

Edited by MCKillswitch123

On 3/16/2020 at 11:42 AM, Porthos said:

Me:  I'm sick of all this COVID talk.  Gonna check out Twitter and see if there's anything else going on.

*sees DeAndre Hopkins was traded to Arizona*

VQKuUTa.gif

Really thankful I'm not a Texans fan.  :ph34r:

Do wonder just what this does to his fantasy value, as i have him in my keeper league.

Huge day in Football with Brady leaving the Pats,Phillips River leaving the Chargers and Cam Newton being basically fired by the Panthers.

Great news for the Sports talk and sports Networks, they actually have something to talk about

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Figured this was better off here than in the big coronavirus thread. Good article, and why movie theaters are more likely than not to come back stronger than ever once things return to normal, whenever that is.

If we’re going to connect with humanity, why are they showing a picture of ScarJo?

• Haha 1