Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

"Papua  is a Bastard of A Place"

Australian who fought there in WW2 during the Kokoda Trail campaign.

US and even Japanese Soldiers who bought in Papua had exactly the same opinion.

watched Mulan today, the cartoon, since i figured I would've been watching the new one today if things were normal. must be the first time i've seen it in about 20 years i forgot there's like a whole other act after the avalanche thing. i thought that was the end of the movie.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

watched Mulan today, the cartoon, since i figured I would've been watching the new one today if things were normal.

Did that yesterday. Also watched the first A Quiet Place last weekend as a make up for the sequel being delayed. Maybe in two weeks a marathon of the previous Craig Bond movies since I would be seeing No Time to Die that weekend in an alternate universe where everything wasn't upended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Movies watched recently:

Star Trek: Nemesis

The Getaway

The Passenger

Tag

Okja

Le Corbeau

A Separation

I Kill Giants 

Dirty Harry

Fail Safe
Until the End of the World: Director’s Cut

The Nightingale

In Transit 

Lady Bird

Tag was the best movie out of all of those, right? Can't beat those CGI Jeremy Renner arms!

I also did A Quiet Place last week and Mulan last night. Definitely felt fitting in lieu of being able to see the new ones, but thinking of how the auditoriums I saw both of them in locally (yes, the place where I saw Mulan is - well, was - still open 22 years later) are standing empty now made me a little wistful.

I'm seriously considering marathoning all the James Bond movies in a couple weeks. A lot of 'em will be first-time viewings: I've seen all the Craigs, but only three of the Connerys, two of the Brosnans, and nothing from the others.

maybe i should do a bond rewatch while quarantined. i haven't seen most of those movies since i was a kid. i'll add it to the pile of shows i've told myself i'm definitely gonna catch up on now that i'm quarantined that i haven't started yet.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

maybe i should do a bond rewatch while quarantined. i haven't seen most of those movies since i was a kid. i'll add it to the pile of shows i've told myself i'm definitely gonna catch up on now that i'm quarantined that i haven't started yet.

I had gotten through the Connerys when they postponed No Time to Die, and at that point I figured I might as well finish it now.

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Movies watched recently:

Star Trek: Nemesis

The Getaway

The Passenger

Tag

Okja

Le Corbeau

A Separation

I Kill Giants 

Dirty Harry

Fail Safe
Until the End of the World: Director’s Cut

The Nightingale

In Transit 

Lady Bird

When's the MCU Marathon?  

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The "I'm losing my fucking mind" stage of quarantine, obviously.

I am well past that and I haven't started it yet. I watched Far From Home today. Maybe I will try go backwards.

Yup, that is exactly what I am gonna do. Endgame tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I haven't really been watching anything but I have read more books this month than I did in the entirety of last year.

For some reason I haven't had the concentration to watch a lot of movies even though I just signed up for HBO.

Instead I've been doing a Dr Who rewatch.

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am well past that and I haven't started it yet. I watched Far From Home today. Maybe I will try go backwards.

Yup, that is exactly what I am gonna do. Endgame tomorrow.

@Cap approves this breakdown.

Marvel bloopers GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Speaking of which: I know you're excited for Defending Jacob @CJohn 

Edited by filmlover