Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Man: "Hey, can you guess what's the highest rated TV series on IMDB?"

Woman: "Game of Thrones?"

Man: "Nope."

Woman: "Is it Breaking Bad?"

Man: "No."

Woman: "Well what is it?"

Man: "Chernobyl. It's got 9.7 out of 10 on IMDB. Watch Chernobyl now, exclusively on Sky Atlantic."

the adverts for this show are awful. I kind of don't want to watch it just because of these annoying ads.

Handmaids Tale needs to wrap this thing up. The world doesn’t make sense: nobody see’s what’s wrong with this shit? Nobody thinks this shit has gone too far? Canada functions as normal yet everyone in America has lost their mind?

3 hours ago, AJG said:

Handmaids Tale needs to wrap this thing up. The world doesn’t make sense: nobody see’s what’s wrong with this shit? Nobody thinks this shit has gone too far? Canada functions as normal yet everyone in America has lost their mind?

Are talking about the real world or the TV show?

I'm on the fence about whether to watch the new season of The Handmaid's Tale. I loved the first season, which surprised me because I liked but didn't love the source material. That second season, however, was... messy, to say the least.

You know what TV I would unequivocally recommend, though? The last season of Broad City that just hit Hulu. Abbi and Ilana's shenanigans are still as funny as ever in their last go.

this on the Sneakers wikipedia page.

As of October 2016, NBC was said to be developing a TV series based on the film;[10] however, an internet search done in early 2019 reveals no other information on the matter subsequent to the 2016 announcement.

like "hey guys I googled it and I can't find an update??? what gives??"

• Haha 2

@baumer

I'm done seasons 1 and 3 of Slasher.  For some reason, after season 1 and it just kept going, it skipped season 2 😛  so i'll probably start that tomorrow

but the show isn't too bad, Great kills, sometimes the story is a little much, but overall, it is a fun series

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

BTW, @captainwondyful, your latest avatar makes it look like Bo Peep has a samurai sword or katana on her back, and I am HERE. FOR. IT!

I remember my friend, who knows how much I love Rey, mentioning how Peep's stance in that image was totally cribbing Daisy's style. I'm a wee bit salty Pixar would try and take something from my girl btw, but imma let it slide

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Went on a little bit of an HBO binge. Chernobyl is amazing of course, but I also watched Rome for the first time as well. Oh man, what a show. James Purefoy as Mark Antony straight up made the show, especially the second season. The guy is the embodiment of unhinged but weirdly charismatic, plus his snarling is second-to-none.

• Like 4

On 7/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, ACSlater said:

Flying through ATL to get to work and it's always hilarious seeing newbies at this airport...their bug eyed look at the size and the people...

Welcome to the thunderdome bitches...

ATL just seems like a normal airport to me. All other airports are like libraries to me.

@CJohn Holy shit, dude, Você na TV! is worse than dead. It lost to Praça da Alegria again on Thursday, and on Friday, it won against Aqui Portugal.... but it was averaging 6.7% share in its 1st few minutes while RTP1 was over 18%.

It's the end of an era. The. God. Damn. End. Coupled with O Chef é Você's bombage at 7PM and the incoming bombage of MasterChef (it's gonna bomb.... it has to, nothing works on TVI anymore and SIC is preparing family friendly-counterprogramming for Saturday nights too with a new Manzarra show about school children, or children in necessities or whatever, fulfilling their wishes), Goucha is done. He is beyond done. He should retire.

If TVI doesn't reformulate their entire programming in September, they might just shut down completely. Right now, their one ace of spades is that Ljubomir is confirmed to come back for Kitchen Nightmares, which, coupled with RAP lead-ins, should be a killer duo. But even then, with Married At First Sight as main competition, it's gonna be a close race (albeit Nightmares should win, cause Married is probably gonna be more vital at 7PM than Sunday night). Their mornings and afternoons need to be completely remodeled, Prisioneira needs to step down to 11PM when the new soap from Ninguém Como Tu's writer premieres (not this new one, Amar Depois de Amar, which screams bomb in every way), that other new soap had better get otherworldly marketing, and then..... fingers crossed that curiosity on their shake-ups at least keeps them in a firm second place and not on the edge of fucking third, because SIC ain't getting the leadership stolen from them until the day Cristina is over, and that's one thing.... however, another thing is having RTP1 at their tail more and more by the day. This will easily be the darkest Summer in the channel's history.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

7 hours ago, 75Live said:

@baumer

I'm done seasons 1 and 3 of Slasher.  For some reason, after season 1 and it just kept going, it skipped season 2 😛  so i'll probably start that tomorrow

but the show isn't too bad, Great kills, sometimes the story is a little much, but overall, it is a fun series

The teacher dismemberment scene in season three was really good.  

• Like 1