Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I feel Microsoft's quantity over quality strategy doesn't work as well in practice. By the time the conference was over I'd already forgotten 70% of the games that were shown.

Keanu hype is real tho

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

The best part of that Tony Opening was Bryan Cranston trying to “leave”. Same, bud. And I wish we had sprung for those tickets, but they were sooo expensive

19 minutes ago, DAR said:

I think I’m going let episodes of Big Little Lies build up

I let a ton a of weekly shows just build up until I can binge (or watch them daily) nowadays. It’s damn near essential for anime and 21 minute shows. I can never remember what happened in the previous episode.

2 hours ago, cookie said:

I feel Microsoft's quantity over quality strategy doesn't work as well in practice. By the time the conference was over I'd already forgotten 70% of the games that were shown.

Keanu hype is real tho

I'm not as into gaming as I once was, so I get to watch the conferences as a casual observer, knowing that I won't investment as much money into games as others.

As far as the Microsoft conference goes, I thought the 12 Minutes game about the time-looping looked pretty cool.

God, Big Little Lies is just making me feel like such a cliche.

When Meryl SPEAKS:

jennifer lopez yes GIF by mtv

When Nicoles breathes:

tenor.gif?itemid=5694674

Laura Threatens Someone:

were not worthy waynes world GIF

Resse exists:

season 2 nbc GIF by The Good Place]

Zoe at the end like:

abba GIF

5 hours ago, lilmac said:

I can see Last of Us pushing into 2020, close to the X-Box Two/PS5 release date, and being sold on both current and next gen consoles. Same with the previous iteration.

I'd be surprised if Last of Us makes it in 2019 with Death Stranding taking a prime holiday slot for Sony. 

MS/Sony are both coming out with their new consoles in Holiday 2020. My guess is that Last of Us 2 is slotting in somewhere at the end of January 2020, otherwise, summer (similar to the first's release date in June). With March now having Final Fantasy VII, and April having Cyberpunk, things are a bit packed right now.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Porthos said:

:(

Heard on MLBN just now that he was shot in the lower back.  Here's hoping he has a speedy and full recovery. :(:(:(

Update:

No further word on the extent of the injuries, that I know of.  But if he's already in stable condition that's a great sign. 

• Like 1

Congrats to all of the Tony winners tonight but most of all Boys in the Band actually winning Best Revival. *Spider-Man disintegrating gif* Everyone just let me have this one since it's the only time I've ever had a sorta personal investment on some level with any of these awards shows lmao (plus I didn't know if it would actually win or not since I don't follow Broadway closely). Disney World really is the place where magic happens, people.

I'll watch Big Little Lies tomorrow.

@captainwondyful

Edited by filmlover
  • Astonished 1

@filmlover

As an unabashed Ryan Murphy apologist, it's nice to see him snag that.

My most shocking award is Santino Fontana for Tootsie.  I heard that was... not so great.  It's actually why I didn't drag my friend to it when we were in NYC.  I totally would've otherwise.  His and Laura Osnes' Cinderella is one of my Top Played Apple Music Albums.

I also heard they didn't air Best Costumes where Bob Mackie won for The Cher Show.  Talk about not knowing your audience, CBS.  

I turned it off after the Opening Number.  I'm like the men on the Chernobyl roof; I can only handle 90 Seconds of James Corden before it's bad for my Health. 

(My Mom did enjoy the performance because not TWO minutes before it started, we just finished the SVU Episode with Patti LuPone, so I was gabbing on about how the show gets everyone in NYC their Equity Card and Patti LuPone taking cell phones from audience members.  So she laughed at all those jokes.)

DOOOO Big Little Lies.  It's ridiculous.  I feel like there will be a quality dip from how tight the first season was, But still got all my fixes.  And as for Reese and Meryl:

annihilation movie GIF

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

@filmlover

As an unabashed Ryan Murphy apologist, it's nice to see him snag that.

He's actually been on a pretty good run recently with "prestige" projects. Hopefully the stuff under his Netflix deal is of similar high quality.

Also just watched Big Little Lies before heading to bed. It's refreshing to see these characters back tbh. Definitely sets it up well (most interested in where they're going with Zoe Kravitz), and it's nice to see Meryl doing something that feels like a change of pace for her (I've always preferred her subtle work over her loud "look at me acting" type of performances ala August: Osage County). I had to laugh at her dig about short people though (since I'm 5'6 myself lol) as well as

Spoiler

Reese getting into an argument with Kathryn Newton about the latter's ambitions and yells "I don't fucking care about homeless people!"

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

LOL

I would just like to state that even those are my people, those are totally not my people.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Haha 1