Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Those numbers you are mentioning are 7 day opening week. Minions is indeed the biggest on the actual weekend with 200.000 tickets sold. I see TS4 around 85.000-105.000 tickets sold honestly. I think the brand isn't as big as Incredibles or Minions here.

I mean, Toy Story 3 did 127K admissions in its opening week in 2010 and that was with Shrek Forever After in its fourth frame. Yeah, Minions is definitely a reach, but I do feel like Toy Story is a bigger brand than Incredibles, and if Incredibles 2 beyond overperformed in the US to a point where it's still inconcievable for me to believe in how well it did, I feel like its still great performance in Portugal could be beaten by TS4. The marketing for 4 has been beyond aggressive, the trilogy is absolutely beloved (some of the few movies to be box office hits + ratings hits in Portugal), + the family market will only have Aladdin serving them decently by the time TS4 opens (Pets 2 being a total whiff in the wind).

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Final score:  USA 13 - Thailand 0.  World Cup record.

And it could have easily been worse.

Think the USA has a leg up on goal differential?

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

i had chicken wings for the first time today. Meh. dunno why americans are so in love with these.

I've not eaten meat in 38 years now. Was never a big fan of chicken even when I did though. Always was more a hot dog guy. 

• Like 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

I've not eaten meat in 38 years now. Was never a big fan of chicken even when I did though. Always was more a hot dog guy. 

Life without meat wouldn't be worth living... 😛

chicken is the best out of the three common ones.

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Life without meat wouldn't be worth living... 😛

The problem is unless companies like Beyond Meat get a move on there won't be an Earth to live on soon enough. My generation really did screw up big time. I feel for all the kids and people in their 20s today. The chances of people entering the workforce even having the chance to retire at this rate is slim to none. :whosad:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The problem is unless companies like Beyond Meat get a move on there won't be an Earth to live on soon enough. My generation really did screw up big time. I feel for all the kids and people in their 20s today. The chances of people entering the workforce even having the chance to retire at this rate is slim to none. :whosad:

those meat impersonators when they get it, will solve everything. Lab-grown meat would seem to be the obvious answer to me, I know thats in early stages of development but if they keep working at it the cost of producing it can come down. I don't know how much funding those types of companies get, but they should be backed by the government imo.

I absolutely understand we need to radically change the way we consume meat, but the reality is that most people will not accept change unless it has minimal effect to them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Avatree said:

i had chicken wings for the first time today. Meh. dunno why americans are so in love with these.

I like chicken wings a lot, especially with buffalo sauce. It's definitely an American favorite.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Final score:  USA 13 - Thailand 0.  World Cup record.

And it could have easily been worse.

Think the USA has a leg up on goal differential?

Thailand after that match

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Also, just to anyone on Telegram, I left the gc for a while just to take some time to myself. I haven't been super active on it recently, and I had a lot of shit go on in my life this past weekend, and I just need a couple days I think. Sorry if I was acting strange or anything :(

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

If you aren't HYPE for Big Little Lies, 

SO GOOD.  (Great channel, but this is FUN)

Honestly based on the first episode alone they might as well just mail her the Emmy right now instead of waiting another 15 months.

• Like 1