Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Holy SHIT, TVI now does 15% on Sundays too :hahaha:  They lost by 2% to SIC. Not even Somos Portugal saves them at this point.

Absolute and total disaster. TVI is over.

9 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Yeah that Star Wars brand is really suffering 😛

If we end up making a trip to Disney over the holidays this year doing Galaxy's Edge (opens here August 29) is gonna be a definite "nope" since those lines will be insane when the release of The Rise of Skywalker will be imminent. The line to get on Star Tours (!) two years ago when The Last Jedi was weeks from opening was nutty enough.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If we end up making a trip to Disney over the holidays this year doing Galaxy's Edge (opens here August 29) is gonna be a definite "nope" since those lines will be insane when the release of The Rise of Skywalker will be imminent. The line to get on Star Tours (!) two years ago when The Last Jedi was weeks from opening was nutty enough.

Oh I believe it about the lines.  I got lucky and had special events so I didn't have any for Star Tours but I have seen the crazy waits.

Yeah I want to go to Galqxys Edge but me and my friend are like, we have to wait otherwise we need to stand in line now for August lol

37 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Absolute and total disaster. TVI is over.

I think Somos Portugal was hurt by the S. João parties, which split the pimbalhada audience. SIC came out benefitted as they offered the alternative between the three main channels, and were the leaders of the afternoon. I wouldn't call the movie results stunning, but they weren't bad either - True Grit did alright and King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword actually did pretty good.... about on par with what GOTG Vol. 2 did last week.

On TVI's side, the news broadcasts did solid business (Jornal das 8 won by a comfortable margin, and Jornal da Uma didn't but it did good too.... the Somos Portugal lead-in has done it a lot of favors). Apart from that, a disaster. Somos Portugal disappointed and Your Face Sounds Familiar...... undescribably bad.

At this point, nothing can save them. Without the mornings working out, they will never be competitive again, and with Cristina in the other side, that's nigh impossible. The only shot they have is if they completely renew the morning show altogether. Somos Portugal boosted Jornal da Uma immensely on Sundays, compared to what Inspetor Max was doing; and need I say more regarding the Você na TV/Jornal da Uma pre-2019 and Cristina/Primeiro Jornal duos? And they also DESPERATELY need something to ramp up the 7PM and Sunday night slots, and if it's not called "Big Brother" or "Kitchen Nightmares", I doubt it will work out.

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

Yeah that Star Wars brand is really suffering 😛

Well the ones who think it's ruined have to go to Galaxy's Edge and spend at least a 1000 dollars before they decide they hate it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think Somos Portugal was hurt by the S. João parties, which split the pimbalhada audience. SIC came out benefitted as they offered the alternative between the three main channels, and were the leaders of the afternoon. I wouldn't call the movie results stunning, but they weren't bad either - True Grit did alright and King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword actually did pretty good.... about on par with what GOTG Vol. 2 did last week.

On TVI's side, the news broadcasts did solid business (Jornal das 8 won by a comfortable margin, and Jornal da Uma didn't but it did good too.... the Somos Portugal lead-in has done it a lot of favors). Apart from that, a disaster. Somos Portugal disappointed and Your Face Sounds Familiar...... undescribably bad.

At this point, nothing can save them. Without the mornings working out, they will never be competitive again, and with Cristina in the other side, that's nigh impossible. The only shot they have is if they completely renew the morning show altogether. Somos Portugal boosted Jornal da Uma immensely on Sundays, compared to what Inspetor Max was doing; and need I say more regarding the Você na TV/Jornal da Uma pre-2019 and Cristina/Primeiro Jornal duos? And they also DESPERATELY need something to ramp up the 7PM and Sunday night slots, and if it's not called "Big Brother" or "Kitchen Nightmares", I doubt it will work out.

RAP is going on vacations so Jornal das 8 on Sunday will fall.

Apparently Serginho and Marta Cardoso are producers on Você na TV. They are beyond dead. Fucking disaster. They will stay on 3rd forever. Feels like ages ago Maria C. Gomes signed a deal with L'Oreal and Você na TV was pulling 30%+ share, and it was on January 3. L'Oreal probably deeply regrets that. :hahaha: 

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Meryl Streep is such a BITCH in Big Little Lies holy shit :hahaha: 

Her character is legit scary. Maybe even scarier than The V was in the first season as her son and that's saying something. Her awards run for this will be fun.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos

SCOTUS today has given Dan Snyder and the Washington football team some cause for celebrating.

Talking about this case, I presume?

I'm generally of the opinion that the Feds should not be in the business of inhibiting speech.  And that extends to folks and their trademarked properties.

I am ALSO of the opinion that a certain Washington football team that I REFUSE to call by its given team name ought to change its name and should have done it ages ago.  Furthermore, I am of the opinion that public pressure should continue to be ratcheted up until they finally do the right thing.

But I don't particularly want the government to be the one to lay down the hammer here.  Not because of this particular case (as said, it should have been changed long long ago), but because of where else said government could start slamming that hammer down if it had half the inclination.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Euphoria is fucking nuts. Holy shit. Such a nasty view of today's younglins.

Something seems wrong about the depiction of these high schoolers because this forum told me that high schoolers spend their time cyberstalking crushes and their boyfriends on Twitter rather than showing off dozens of dicks and taking all the drugs