Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

You think I’m standing up to change discs in the hope I chose the right disc for a particular episode just to end up watching the thing in 480p quality? In 2019? 480p?!?!?!?

• Like 1

trying to get through the first 23 minutes of Searching (when i clicked pause it insta-23minned), but i can't take this movie seriously. 

It looks like a movie that is easy to overwrite and screw with.  I wouldn't pay for this.  It doesn't feel real.

that and BOT-max feel like demons are coming out of the screen.

i'm gonna throw up, it doesn't stop.  one day at a time.

stones-walking.JPG

Spoiler

do judges get grim-reaper karma points for assigning bail?  (for starters)

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

I just watched Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness which are both part of John Carpenter's Apocalypse trilogy. The Thing is also part of this trilogy and I don't understand why those two are just as popular as or more popular than The Thing when they are much scarier. I know that The Thing is popular for its amazing effects (and it is a masterpiece) but Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness are both such terrifying movies and their horror is almost existential that I can't help but think of them as better movies than The Thing. As a whole, the Apocalypse trilogy might actually be my favourite trilogy of all time(it's between this or the Before trilogy but I need to rewatch Before Sunrise before I decide because I didn't love it as much as the other two).

I also watched 13 Going On 30 to bleach my mind and oh my god, every single minute of that movie is pure joy (I kind of hated the ending though). It seriously isn't made for me and it isn't even a good film but Jennifer Garner carries that movie so hard and it's just a lovely film. I was so close to completely loving it. It even has a surprising cameo from young Brie Larson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like I've be doing full updates from SDCC Hall H this year for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday cause they just announced:

THURSDAY @ 4:45

His Dark Materials

LIN MANUEL MIRANDA

FRIDAY

MARKUS AND MCFEEEEEEELY @ 10AM

FOLLOWED BY

RUSSOS 😍 @ 11AM

with the Public Shaming of D&D at 5PM

And then obvi Kevin at 5 on Saturday.

I also love how M&M have gone from an off site 200 person theater to Hall H.  My boys' are coming up in the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Looks like I've be doing full updates from SDCC Hall H this year for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday cause they just announced:

THURSDAY @ 4:45

His Dark Materials

LIN MANUEL MIRANDA

FRIDAY

MARKUS AND MCFEEEEEEELY @ 10AM

FOLLOWED BY

RUSSOS 😍 @ 11AM

with the Public Shaming of D&D at 5PM

And then obvi Kevin at 5 on Saturday.

I also love how M&M have gone from an off site 200 person theater to Hall H.  My boys' are coming up in the world.

That Russo hall H panel is everything to me. I'm really curious to see what they'll announce there, hopefully it's something really promising. 

15 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

That Russo hall H panel is everything to me. I'm really curious to see what they'll announce there, hopefully it's something really promising. 

NGL, I'm probably the most excited for M&M.  There's a 94% chance right now that some fangirl's gonna get up and ask them why they hate Bucky (and Bucky/Steve), they're gonna respond with some IDGAF answer, and I'm gonna get six more weeks free entertainment in the form of fandom DRAMA/WANK. It's gonna be G L O R I O U S.

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Looking forward to those reports of the guy who played Bran being the only one appearing genuinely happy to be there lol. 

Here's the thing.  Hall H doesn't screen questions.  They SAY they do, but they don't.  So with this being the last huzzah, it's 1000% possible for some disgruntled No-Fucks fan to get up there and ask them some awkward, hype angry question about the last season.  Only way to stop it would be to NOT take Q&As. (This is always the best course of action.  Everyone hates Fan Q&As UNLESS it's a Q&A Panel.)  Yet in the ten years I've been to SDCC, only Kevin's the one that's figured that out.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I don't know either

Looking forward to this same tweet around Christmas when we have a Star Wars movie, a Jumanji movie, a Little Women adaptation, and a Cats adaptation (they actually tried making an animated film adaptation of it back in the 90s but it never happened) all in theaters at once.

• Like 1