Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

@captainwondyful @CJohn

Need your thoughts on last night's Big Little Lies, in particular:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I fucking GASPED at that scene. It's SUCH a shame that Meryl's going to win Best Supporting Actress cause Laura Dern and Zöe Kevitz are killing it as well.  But Meryl.  My God.  This is the best she's been she's Mamma Mia.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Have to laugh at the decision to make Henry's ass the main focus on that poster. The power and impact of America's Ass aka Chris Evans. @captainwondyful @TalismanRing

It's because -- know what.  I'm gonna NIRD myself.  *sing songs* If you can't say anything nice about the ridiculous costuming, don't say anything at aaaaall*

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@filmlover

Mary Louise > Thanos

Laura Dern is OWNING this season tho. So many good moments/one-liners.

Reveal hidden contents

Euphoria next.

This...is accurate, actually. I wouldn't want her anywhere near the Infinity Gauntlet either.

Gonna watch the latest Euphoria episode later.

Titled Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai, the series is set in Shanghai in the 1920s and reveals the story of how 10-year-old Sam Wing (future shop owner Mr. Wing in the 1984 feature film) met the young Mogwai called Gizmo. Along with a teenage street thief named Elle, Sam and Gizmo take a perilous journey through the Chinese countryside, encountering, and sometimes battling, colorful monsters and spirits from Chinese folklore. On their quest to return Gizmo to his family and uncover a legendary treasure, they are pursued by a power-hungry industrialist and his growing army of evil Gremlins. 

Tze Chun (Gotham) serves as the writer on the new Gremlins. Amblin Television's Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey as well as Sam Register will exec produce. The latter trio are also attached to a rebooted take on Animaniacs for Hulu.Chun and Brendan Hay (Robot Chicken) will serve as co-exec producers, while Dan Krall (Coraline) will produce. As is typically the case with reboots, it helps to have the original producers attached to the new takes and such is the case with Gremlins, as Warners and Amblin produced the 1984 and 1990 features.

Huh.

Not sure how I feel about this without Joe Dante's input.

3 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I had a nightmare that some guy was driving around at night shooting people and it felt so real. 😭

And afterwards I was in the grocery store with some black lady and her daughter and I can't make a connection.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

So I know this is like, very irrelevant, but I just saw that my like count passed my post count for the first time since my post count was in the single digits. 

yay! It's never going to happen for me though.

29 minutes ago, cannastop said:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah, I was confused too. But I actually have a lot of dreams about people trying to kill me. 😧

And yeah next thing I know in the dream I'm going grocery shopping with some stranger but she let me buy some donuts so it's cool.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

So I know this is like, very irrelevant, but I just saw that my like count passed my post count for the first time since my post count was in the single digits. 

Thanos Legion

Blockbuster

• Copper Account
  • 5,478 posts

tenor.gif?itemid=13078930

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 5

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13078930

Damn, am I now contractually obligated to keep them as close to 50:50 as possible? I guess as long as my “true” ratio is above 1 it should be possible by just spamming posts that are so unremarkable no one reacts on them :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Who cares about that? WarnerMedia+ already delivering the goods

A reboot of.. Perfect Strangers?!?

I... I don't know whether to apoc or winona that news. qnqGT0e.png

:ohmygod:  It is. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

A reboot of.. Perfect Strangers?!?

I... I don't know whether to apoc or winona that news. qnqGT0e.png

:ohmygod:  It is. 

Also of note, the new Scooby-Doo cartoon that's heading to the Boomerang streaming service (yes, that exists) features Steve Urkel (yes, really) guest starring. Even Robo-Urkel is there too!

steve-urkel-scooby-doo-guess-who.jpg?w=6

Between that and a Family Matters reboot, we're close to the inevitable Jaleelaissance.

• Astonished 1