Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, AJG said:

How much did Viacom pay deadline for this headline?

Sir? Ain’t nobody under 45 that fussed about Star Trek.

Star Trek?

Nothing spells certain doom for X more than “X poised to become the new Marvel?”     

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

So you've done it before?

I have seen advertisements from movie theaters about using them for gaming.

We did it occasionally when I worked in a cinema, would have a social night in the biggest screen where the manager bought us pizza and beer and let us plug in a playstation to the projector. It's one of those things that sounds really cool but after about 3 minutes is very unexciting. 

@CJohn Holy shit, Win Your Wish List is a disaster :rofl: Under 15% share on Tuesday. The Price Is Right, repeated, did 18.9%. These results are abysmal. The show is not good but it's the only new thing against two repeats, for God's sake.

Doesn't affect SIC's domination, though, but it's the ratings disappointment of the year for sure.

Volkswagen Golf commercial has been banned because it shows a woman looking after a baby... under new "Anti-stereotype advertising rules"

I hate to sound like a 'PC gone mad' type person ... but serious... this is PC gone mad. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49332640

I really dislike this level of government overreach trying to tell us what to think.

Edited by Avatree
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Volkswagen Golf commercial has been banned because it shows a woman looking after a baby... under new "Anti-stereotype advertising rules"

I hate to sound like a 'PC gone mad' type person ... but serious... this is PC gone mad. 

I really dislike this level of government overreach trying to tell us what to think.

To be honest its 100% hypocrisy by the left...They would not support govt pushing social conservative attitudes in the same manner. 

Give the Left Wing Authoritarians power and they will control what you can do and say exactly like the right wing. 

I am not against pushing against sterotypes but are you guys really okay with the govt deciding these things lol

Edited by Lordmandeep

41 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

To be honest its 100% hypocrisy by the left...They would not support govt pushing social conservative attitudes in the same manner. 

Give the Left Wing Authoritarians power and they will control what you can do and say exactly like the right wing. 

I am not against pushing against sterotypes but are you guys really okay with the govt deciding these things lol

The UK has never been a bastion of free speech anyways.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

Unreal. Just disgusting.

• Like 1