Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

Volkswagen Golf commercial has been banned because it shows a woman looking after a baby... under new "Anti-stereotype advertising rules"

I hate to sound like a 'PC gone mad' type person ... but serious... this is PC gone mad. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49332640

I really dislike this level of government overreach trying to tell us what to think.

:bravo:

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

Volkswagen Golf commercial has been banned because it shows a woman looking after a baby... under new "Anti-stereotype advertising rules"

The VW ad's description sounds like to be rather similar to the old British book series where exactly that kind of behaviour split was focus of the critic:

boys always did play and create things, the girl sat nearby and read good behaving a book. Or waited patiently or was inactive in another way.

I have not seen the advertisement, but the book series got rightly thrown out of the library, beside a few males do not see the harm (majority does).

Maybe seen as deep roots in the British culture?

There will be no change if the presentation does not change. Does not mean there is a need for a crusade, but awareness should exists too.

There are usually 2 sides of the coin....

44 minutes ago, cannastop said:

ok cool. How long will you be shorting the market? Is this the Ron Paul strategy?

Not shorting more into bonds and such. 

Not really going to make a killing but hey i am like 9% this year alone lol 

Edited by Lordmandeep

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

its going to be negative in no time 

Maybe, maybe not, keeping out of the market for a long time trying to time it and combined with the impossibility to time the best time when to come back can make it overkill for a young person.

In the past at least, even in a extreme genius best case scenario if you invest during 30 year's blindy the 1 of the month or you buy at the lowest of the year and re-sale highest of the year trying to maximize, the difference is quite low.

I wonder how professors teach econmy and finance post 2008 because all the fundamentals have been flushed down the toilet.

The market cap of the tech companies ... amongst many many other things ...

:winomg::redcapes::apocalypse::hahaha::ohmyzod:

Central banks pumping trillions into the system so we can have "growth" ...

:hahaha:

Edited by The Futurist

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Holy shit, Win Your Wish List is a disaster :rofl: Under 15% share on Tuesday. The Price Is Right, repeated, did 18.9%. These results are abysmal. The show is not good but it's the only new thing against two repeats, for God's sake.

Doesn't affect SIC's domination, though, but it's the ratings disappointment of the year for sure.

The target audience doesn't realize The Price is Right is in repeat mode. Most won't remember they already watched that anyway 👀

Also, what a time to be alive and see TVI being 3rd for a month.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I wonder how professors teach econmy and finance post 2008 because all the fundamentals have been flushed down the toilet.

The market cap of the tech companies ... amongst many many other things ...

:winomg::redcapes::apocalypse::hahaha::ohmyzod:

Central banks pumping trillions into the system so we can have "growth" ...

Keynesian economics has pretty much been turned upside down really post 2008.

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

The Handmaiden has probably the best score of any movie from the 2010s but i always forget there's a track on the soundtrack that's literally just two minutes of sex noises. not to be played in the car...

This is me and The Producers once it hits about 3/4's into Springtime for Hitler.  

==

Speaking of Musicals.  HELLO DOLLY is tonight at my theater.  I'm Just:

Happy Wonder Woman GIF by DC Comics

• Like 1