Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Runs to wikipedia....

Lost.... is the last description that would match to both of them. But the were both rather critical and modern thinking for their time and even in their '60 counted as such in comparison to e.g. '20 or '30.

Such funny names....

Not exactly sure what you mean.

anyone think Overboard competed for worst film of 2018? 

I'm typing this in another tab while the movie is playing, and scoring it is still in range.

I got Miracle Season and Johnny English 3 a full letter grade above this so far

Edited by 2010s Painkiller Race

36 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Not exactly sure what you mean.

acc to the description at wiki

The Lost Generation is the generation that came of age during World War I. "Lost" in this context also means "disoriented, wandering, directionless"—a recognition that there was great confusion and aimlessness among the war's survivors in the early post-war years."

They never felt that way, no one would have desribed them as such = a bit strange.

Maybe because there both the kind of people with a clear picture of potentioal futures, open minded,... they had less problems to adapt to a new situation?

Per this thread I found this at wiki

I feel the names as funny

Edited by terrestrial

6 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hopefully it stays that way with help from the weekends.

Also, speaking of TVI, they're about to be bought off by Cofina, the group that owns CMTV. Jesus fucking Christ, can you imagine a TVI and CMTV crossover? It's like a vortex of evil waiting to happen.

It won't surprise me if TVI changes its name in a few years. 

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

new favourite song. when the piano & sax come in. 😍

new old favourite... bcs that tweet... let to me shoveling out the soundtrack

On 8/14/2019 at 7:48 AM, terrestrial said:

Heute vor 50 Jahren startete SPIEL MIR DAS LIED VOM TOD, der gewaltigste Langläufer aller Zeiten - bis zum Video Release gab es selbst in den 80er Jahren noch 0,5 Mio. Besucher pro Jahr. (Der DDR Release 1981 mit 1,7 Mio. ist da gar nicht berücksichtigt)

Today 50 years back started Once Upon a Time in the West (= Germany), the ~ most extreme long-runner of all time - till the home video even in the '80 it got 0.5m admissions a year (excluding the release in the former East Germany in 1981 with 1.7m admissions)

Die Hälfte der 13 Mio. Besucher gab es z.B. von 1974-1976 und 2,5 Mio. von 1980-1984.

Half of it's 13m admissions occurred e.g. 1974 till 1976, and 2.5m within 1980 till 1984

http://www.insidekino.de/DJahr/D1969.htm

Mandatory age limit for that movie is 16years old, I managed to get to see it way younger then, but it helped that it run as long (1969 I was still in elementary school, was then small for my age, growth spurts to be over average for my age and country happened only in my mid-teenager phase/age/time)

Soundtrack is still something else

(edit to add:

its still 'only' on #3 in admissions in the time since 1963, the year the charts start at Insidekino.de, #1 being the original Jungle Book)

some minutes into the movie

in between

some minutes short of the end of the movie

nick name of Charles Bronson's character was.... harmonica.

What a great way to include story music to the soundtrack, what a great collection of not average ~ vibes / unique characters, especially in comparison to today in my POV  😉

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Avatree said:

@terrestrial not sure what you mean about soundtrack. Do you mean you are listening to that album the song I linked from?

If so. It is a great album. I love that band, crazy mix of rock and roll, heavy metal, country.

No, I do hear the soundtrack of Once Upon a Time in the West.

I found it nice that there was a kind of conversation here in this thread and we two also hear at the same time our favourite (mine for the moment only, next week????) music.

I made a break and listened to your clip too.

Both have distinctive intrument parts and.... still very much differ 😉

So different in so many details like age, language, gender, and some pretty different POV sometimes, and still same idea and such = nice

24 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

No, I do hear the soundtrack of Once Upon a Time in the West.

I found it nice that there was a kind of conversation here in this thread and we two also hear at the same time our favourite (mine for the moment only, next week????) music.

I made a break and listened to your clip too.

Both have distinctive intrument parts and.... still very much differ 😉

So different in so many details like age, language, gender, and some pretty different POV sometimes, and still same idea and such = nice

oh, I see. :)

haven't seen OUATITW. Haven't really seen any classic western.

37 minutes ago, Avatree said:

oh, I see. :)

haven't seen OUATITW. Haven't really seen any classic western.

It has a complete other speed, style,... than nowadays, but is even or especial during its 'slowest' moments showing an impressive intensity that on the one hand is ~ dramatic, but in a way at the same time realistic, if done by poeple who want to see themselves as such hard guys.

The motherload of the hard Italian macho characters 😉

Got filmed with 3 different languages a little bit like Babylon.

An Italian director, language-mixed staff (he brought a lot of Italians to Mexico with him), filming in Mexico, with some American actors included as well.

Final product in another way multi language like a mere dubbing.

Plus he let the actors do a lot without them saying anything.

Something like this you wont see that much nowadays:

Ferruccio Amendola ... voice dubbing (uncredited)

Roberto Chevalier ... voice dubbing: Stefano Imparato (uncredited)
Carlo D'Angelo ... voice dubbing (uncredited)
Luciano De Ambrosis ... voice dubbing (uncredited)
Manlio De Angelis ... voice dubbing (uncredited)
Arturo Dominici ... voice dubbing: Michael Harvey (uncredited)
Corrado Gaipa ... voice dubbing: Frank Wolff (uncredited)
Lauro Gazzolo ... voice dubbing: Joseph Bradley (uncredited)
Nando Gazzolo ... voice dubbing: Henry Fonda (uncredited)
Joyce Gordon ... voice dubbing: Claudia Cardinale (english version) (uncredited)
Bernie Grant ... voice dubbing: Gabriele Ferzetti (english version) (uncredited)
Sergio Graziani ... voice dubbing: Aldo Sambrell (uncredited)
Oreste Lionello ... voice dubbing: Marco Zuanelli (uncredited)
Pino Locchi ... voice dubbing: Benito Stefanelli (uncredited)
Anna Rita Pasanisi ... voice dubbing: Simonetta Santaniello (uncredited)
Bruno Persa ... voice dubbing: Jack Elam (uncredited)
Mario Pisu ... voice dubbing (uncredited)
Cesare Polacco ... voice dubbing: Lionel Stander (uncredited)
Giuseppe Rinaldi ... voice dubbing: Charles Bronson (uncredited)
Carlo Romano ... voice dubbing: Jason Robards (uncredited)
Giovanni Saccenti ... voice dubbing: Renato Pinciroli (uncredited)
Rita Savagnone ... voice dubbing: Claudia Cardinale (uncredited)
Stefano Sibaldi ... voice dubbing: Keenan Wynn (uncredited)

Sergio Tedesco ... voice dubbing (uncredited)

Wanda Tettoni ... voice dubbing (uncredited)
Renato Turi ... voice dubbing: Tullio Palmieri (uncredited)

• Thanks 1

ughh, i'm afraid i'm gonna have to have surgery on my asshole. 

it feels like a lump and its like the computer wants to say its some kind of hemorrhoid,

but it could be like a rectal prolapse.  maybe I should have gotten it looked at sooner.  i'm afraid to go in and have them tell me its going to require surgery.  there is so much pressure in that area.  everything is squeezed together so tight, and then this bulge, it feels broken.

I don't want to deal with doctors with this one either.  I went to a psychologist for a meeting and the place felt wired.  Don't ask don't tell right?  Now i'm risking cancer because of what is outside.  My choice.