Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

18 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I find it odd Disney+ isn’t launching in the UK straight away but perhaps that’s due to Brexit. 

My guess is it's due to whatever licensing agreements Disney and Fox already have in place (mostly with sky). They're probably waiting for them to expire. 

Everyone is talking about Death Stranding, but Control, which comes out next week, looks 10 times better. Whereas DS seems like pretentious nonsense, with a bunch of 'B' list actors in it, Control actually looks stylish, weird, and mysterious for real. I don't think nobody would bother with Stranding had Kojima's name not been attached to it.

10 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Everyone is talking about Death Stranding, but Control, which comes out next week, looks 10 times better. Whereas DS seems like pretentious nonsense, with a bunch of 'B' list actors in it, Control actually looks stylish, weird, and mysterious for real. I don't think nobody would bother with Stranding had Kojima's name not been attached to it.

Stop stealing my lines and adapting  it to video games.

44 minutes ago, TMP said:

I guess we got our Best Actor and Best Actress front-runners. ScarJo might get a double win if she's good in Jojo Rabbit too.

Laura Dern is more of a frontronner for supporting than either of those two for their respective categories. And I still don't see any acting noms for Jojo Rabbit.

Edited by lorddemaxus

This is gonna be so beautiful to watch Netflix loosing all its non Netflix content in the coming months/years.

I think it is called Karma.

Tic toc 

tic toc

tic toc

This is the sound of inevatibility.

Those scavengers deserve what will happen to them.

Stealing one century of content.

The nerve.

Vengeance is a dish best served cold.

Ka 'pla !

Edited by The Futurist

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Stealing

That a way to call paying billions every year for it to a fully consenting party, what will you call Disney using Pixar, LucasArt, Fox, etc... content ?

Edited by Barnack

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

That a way to call paying billions every year for it to a fully consenting party, what will you call Disney using Pixar, LucasArt, Fox, etc... content ?

Should have been way way way more.

They sold their catalogues because they had no choice.

Hey folks, I had my nose buried deep in some gaming the last few hours.  Any interesting news break today?

*checks*

WOW.  I certainly can't imagine any news topping THIS today!!!! :ohmygod:

Spoiler

:ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hey folks, I had my nose buried deep in some gaming the last few hours.  Any interesting news break today?

*checks*

Reveal hidden contents

Well we started the day believing negations between Disney and Sony over the future of Spider-man were still being ironed out. And it looks like we’re going to end the day believing negations between Disney and Sony over the future of Spider-man are still being ironed out.    

So... maybe Matrix will be the most impactful news of the day in terms of what future movies actually look like, even if it certainly got buried in terms of day 1 conversations/attention.

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*checks*

Hide contents

:ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

lol it really does feel like Disney/Sony saw this, knew it was gonna be the big entertainment headline of the day, and were like "hold my fucking beer!"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Well we started the day believing negations between Disney and Sony over the future of Spider-man were still being ironed out. And it looks like we’re going to end the day believing negations between Disney and Sony over the future of Spider-man are still being ironed out.    

So... maybe Matrix will be the most impactful news of the day in terms of what future movies actually look like, even if it certainly got buried in terms of day 1 conversations/attention.

And nothing interesting happened in between.    

Don’t check my post history.    

My account was... hijacked? Yes, that sounds right, hijacked.    

Spoiler

By my neurochemistry :sweat: