Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

While Netflix drops 13 hours of content at once, Disney- is giving fans only a 36 minutes episode of The Mandalorian. This company can get away with anything, they domesticated their audience really well.

Only 36 minutes of content?  Speak for yourself!

image0.png

image0.png

image0.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

While Netflix drops 13 hours of content at once, Disney- is giving fans only a 36 minutes episode of The Mandalorian. This company can get away with anything, they domesticated their audience really well.

It just went live a couple hours ago. And cute how you're ignoring the massive back catalog of movies and shows, as if they somehow don't count? I get you're doing a bit here, but you could at least try a little bit harder. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I WAS LIKE DA FUQ IZ THIIIIS?

I decided to channel my inner self, and I went with Ursula. After re-watching the little mermaid live, I’m like I feel like she’s the most sympathetic character in that whole thing.

At first I thought it was a likeness issue, which is plausible (Mary Poppins and SW face characters aren't on there either), but like half of the Disney Channel section are actors from their shows and movies. And it's not like Miley Cyrus and whatever is less expensive than Brie Larson or Daisy Ridley. So what gives?

Although speaking of Disney Channel, I am glad Perry the Platypus is an option. If I ever get Disney+, he's probably the icon I'll choose, as he is in fact an icon.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Finally got Disney+. I'm probably gonna keep it for just two months though. Going through all the shit just to access the site is tiring (took me 3 hours to find a way to get a subscription).

It was pretty easy for me. It's been acting a bit on the off side at the moment but that's not entirely unexpected for the first day.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It was pretty easy for me. It's been acting a bit on the off side at the moment but that's not entirely unexpected for the first day.

I don't live in the US, Canada, or the Netherlands so I had to find loopholes to be able to subscribe (it's a much better option than torrenting the exclusives on the service). The site works sometimes, doesn't work others but it should stabilise in a few days if the problem isn't with my VPN. 

Me politely asking a question: no answer

Napoleon trolling about Disney (par for the course): answers

Boosting the worst, ignoring the rest. Quite a dirty behavior.

I want to insult you all but given I'd get banned I won't, but at least you know I think it nonetheless ;)

Edited by Fullbuster

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Me politely asking a question: no answer

Napoleon trolling about Disney (par for the course): answers

Boosting the worst, ignoring the rest. Quite a dirty behavior.

I want to insult you all but given I'd get banned I won't, but at least you know I don't think anything less.

I'm sorry. I didn't notice your post.

But even if you didn't insult anyone, this kind of passive-aggressive response is super uncool. I understand not getting a response can be disappointing, but you do not have to be antagonistic towards other people for doing so. If you must know, we don't have a Disney+ general thread. I don't know if one is really necessary, since we individualized the original shows and movies into their own threads. But if you really want to, I guess you can make a thread in the VOD sub-forum.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Eric Plus said:

That's good (but Peter Pan and Lady and the Tramp better get the same disclaimer...and Pocahontas :ph34r: )

The Aristocats also needs one big time. Rewatched some clips with the Siamese cat recently, and.... YEESH

2 hours ago, Eric Plus said:

btw @captainwondyful and @filmlover and anyone else with an account, who did you pick for your character icon?

A great mystery that shall never be solved.

3 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

I'm sorry. I didn't notice your post.

But even if you didn't insult anyone, this kind of passive-aggressive response is super uncool. I understand not getting a response can be disappointing, but you do not have to be antagonistic towards other people for doing so. If you must know, we don't have a Disney+ general thread. I don't know if one is really necessary, since we individualized the original shows and movies into their own threads. But if you really want to, I guess you can make a thread in the VOD sub-forum.

Sorry about that.

It wasn't so much about not getting an answer, it happens on forums after all..it's more about giving more attention to negativity all the time, not just here but on social networks too, it's a behavior I'm starting to hate so much..And it might be super uncool but as you can see that's apparently the only way to be noticed in this kind of environment and I agree it's sad..

As for creating a thread I might do that but if there's one somewere I'd rather avoid it, and I wouldn't be sure where to place it.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Hello, is there a specific thread here to talk about Disney+ ?

There are specific threads for the exclusive movies and TV shows in those respective subforums, but so far this is the thread that often gets chatter about random various TV shows, old movies, and streaming platforms. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

The Aristocats also needs one big time. Rewatched some clips with the Siamese cat recently, and.... YEESH

Turns out Aristocats and the other movies I listed have that disclaimer too. It is genuinely nice to see (though now that means Disney has no excuse to put Song of the South on there)

Although speaking of the antithesis of keeping things the way it was originally depicted...

lmao you just had to do it one more time, eh Disney?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Finally got Disney+. I'm probably gonna keep it for just two months though. Going through all the shit just to access the site is tiring (took me 3 hours to find a way to get a subscription).

You also have to mention your character icon. It's the law.

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Sorry about that.

It wasn't so much about not getting an answer, it happens on forums after all..it's more about giving more attention to negativity all the time, not just here but on social networks too, it's a behavior I'm starting to hate so much..And it might be super uncool but as you can see that's apparently the only way to be noticed in this kind of environment and I agree it's sad..

As for creating a thread I might do that but if there's one somewere I'd rather avoid it, and I wouldn't be sure where to place it.

Fair enough, but I think you're being hyperbolic here. Outside of the fact that only two people responded...it was just a simple rib on the guy. I agree there's an issue of negativity here, but I think it's unfair for you to get mad at people over something as quick and innocent as a jab at Napoleon.