Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

Doesn't really seem like Criterion material to me, unless they relate to the struggles of 6'1 blonde girls.

I remember it was a controversial choice when this movie won the palme d'or but it really is a bold new direction for haneke. one of his best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just watched The Age of Innocence and yep, it's definietly Scorsese's best film. At the very least its his most well edited and shot film. The way the movie shows Arthur's suffocation with the sweeping camera movements and his moments of intimacy with Madame Olenska (like all the voices around both characters fade out in a scene towards the beginning of the film) is brilliant.

There were way more similarities here to other Scorsese films like Taxi Driver and Shutter Island than I expected.

elmer bernstein's score for that movie is literally my favourite ever. also DDL's best performance, as much as i like his showboating ones.

• Like 2

Colonoscopy all finished. Horrible leading up to it including a migraine due to no food and probably dehydration. 

Seems like mostly good, possibly little stuff here and there like chrons or colitis/diverticulosis or whatever but no polyp except maybe one tiny one.

Waiting for biopsy anyway but hopeful just stuff that possible antibiotics can handle 

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

Colonoscopy all finished. Horrible leading up to it including a migraine due to no food and probably dehydration. 

Seems like mostly good, possibly little stuff here and there like chrons or colitis/diverticulosis or whatever but no polyp except maybe one tiny one.

Waiting for biopsy anyway but hopeful just stuff that possible antibiotics can handle 

It's such a relief to have it done. Glad nothing significant showed up.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

It's such a relief to have it done. Glad nothing significant showed up.

Thanks.  Me too.  Biopsy results should be next week so yeah I'm pretty happy so far with the results.  Just glad I can eat again too 

• Like 1

I just saw a really cool independent feature at a film festival; it's called A Great Lamp, it's in black and white, and it's available to watch for free on YouTube! Here is the synopsis: "Two sad vandals and an unemployed loner await the coming of a fabled rocket launch." Please give them a like if you think it's good! It's 1 hr 18 min.

Here's an article about how they made it with no money: https://slamdance.com/we-stole-a-movie/ 

Edited by SLAM!

Saw the movie True Lies for the first time last night very fun movie! Arnold is at his game with it, and Bill Paxton and Tom Arnold are hilarious. I loved the action scenes in it and some of the humor. the one-liners are funny too. The villains are interesting and Tia Carrere is one evil bitch.

And also quick question for the guys am I the only who thought Jamie Lee Curtis looked hot in bra and panties dancing? 

grade: B+

• Like 3