Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's only 20th Century Fox in name though. Fox doesn't operate as a seperate entity. 

There is nothing to stop them from distributing under the Disney name. They do this with PIXAR, Marvel, and Lucasfilm productions. The fact they are still distributing under the FOX name is a sign that FOX still exists as a distribution company. 

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a while ago that Fox still runs as its own company with their own marketing team and everything (except now they answer to Disney lol). Not like when Disney released those DreamWorks movies under their brief deal with them earlier this decade where they were made and marketed under the Disney studios branch.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a while ago that Fox still runs as its own company with their own marketing team and everything (except now they answer to Disney lol). Not like when Disney released those DreamWorks movies under their brief deal with them earlier this decade where they were made and marketed under the Disney studios branch.

Funny enough, they could in theory put the new Star Wars movie as a FOX distribution...as a nod to the old FOX distribution deal with George Lucas. But it looks like they are releasing it under the Disney name. Guess they want to be consistent with TFA/TLJ/Rogue. 

I am curious to see how long the FOX distribution thing will last. They currently have Avatar 2 still on the schedule as a FOX distribution, but we'll see about that. 

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Funny enough, they could in theory put the new Star Wars movie as a FOX distribution...as a nod to the old FOX distribution deal with George Lucas. But it looks like they are releasing it under the Disney name. Guess they want to be consistent with TFA/TLJ/Rogue. 

I am curious to see how long the FOX distribution thing will last. They currently have Avatar 2 still on the schedule as a FOX distribution, but we'll see about that. 

As long as they're making movies like The Last Duel, they'll be around for those kinds of movies. Avatar 2 becoming an actual Disney release would make sense considering they already have a monetary stake in the property via Pandora at Animal Kingdom, but it was one of the last movies to be made before the acquisition (filming on it began August 2017, three months before there were even whispers of a Fox/Disney deal) so probably not.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

It only affects distributors, not production companies. Disney only bought Fox as a production company so there is no change. On the other hand MGM/UA is still affected eventhough they were seperate studios back when the decrees were created.

I thought that Disney bought Fox a lot for it's world distribution capacity as well, like it's giant TV market in India and so on.

• Like 1

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jeffrey-epstein-jail-guards-charges-1.5364867

So who still thinks Epstein killed himself 🤣

I find it interesting a lot of mainstream media has gone quiet on this issue as american mainstream media never really like to report on stories that could hurt people across the political spectrum. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

5 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The only parts of Fox that Disney didn't buy were Fox News and some of their regional sports networks (I believe). 

Murdoch still owns the main FOX network, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, FOX News, and FOX Business. The regional sports channels are now owned by a 3rd party from Murdoch/Disney.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jeffrey-epstein-jail-guards-charges-1.5364867

So who still thinks Epstein killed himself 🤣

I find it interesting a lot of mainstream media has gone quiet on this issue as american mainstream media never really like to report on stories that could hurt people across the political spectrum. 

That was all well known that the guard doing overtime (one of them forced to do so) were not looking correctly at the current well being of criminals, that do not sound out of norm too.

The fact guards were not doing their 30 minutes watch, make killing yourself easier not less likely no ? (Tell you about how in the know the people that pushed the early narrative that it must have been foul-play because you cannot kill yourself because you are on a constant watch).

As for American media quiet:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/19/us/jeffrey-epstein-guard-charge/index.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/epstein-jail-guards-charged-falsifying-records-67134619

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epstein-prison-guards-charged-with-falsifying-records

Edited by Barnack

27 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That was all well known that the guard doing overtime (one of them forced to do so) were not looking correctly at the current well being of criminals, that do not sound out of norm too.

The fact guards were not doing their 30 minutes watch, make killing yourself easier not less likely no ? (Tell you about how in the know the people that pushed the early narrative that it must have been foul-play because you cannot kill yourself because you are on a constant watch).

As for American media quiet:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/19/us/jeffrey-epstein-guard-charge/index.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/epstein-jail-guards-charged-falsifying-records-67134619

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epstein-prison-guards-charged-with-falsifying-records

Issue is two guards at once being useless is a bit to much to believe. 

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Issue is two guards at once being useless is a bit to much to believe. 

It is hard for you to believe that prison guards during an long overtime shift (one of which was forced to do) would not do a are they doing alright check up on some of the worst criminals, specially pedophile every X minutes like they should and would lie on a log file about doing them ?

Really ?

Suicide on suicide watch is extremely common in American prison, I would imagine in part because it is extremely common for guards to act like that, think who are their clients ? Who will complaint to who ? Who will care ?

• Like 2

I honestly don't care if Epstein killed himself or got murdered. It's still the same outcome. The problem is that that these two guards are likely going to be the only people who are getting arrested from this whole thing. That's just depressing. And of course Ghislaine Maxwell has escaped the country too (and the way she supposedly did it sounds like something out of a movie).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I honestly don't care if Epstein killed himself or got murdered. It's still the same outcome.

One think that could be "nice" if he was murdered, would make it easier for the system to stay motivated at keeping seeking all the perpetrator and those involved in is previous incredible deals he got in the past with the justice system and keeping social pressure on.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

It is hard for you to believe that prison guards during an long overtime shift (one of which was forced to do) would not do a are they doing alright check up on some of the worst criminals, specially pedophile every X minutes like they should and would lie on a log file about doing them ?

Really ?

Suicide on suicide watch is extremely common in American prison, I would imagine in part because it is extremely common for guards to act like that, think who are their clients ? Who will complaint to who ? Who will care ?

Also the cameras somehow failed as well? 

The issue is Epstein is one of the most high profile prisoners to watch in a long time (and we know the US justice system treats high profile people differently) so either there is gross incompetence or frankly they wanted him dead or allowed him to kill himself. 

You have to understand Epstein is rumored to have extorted money from countless high profile people by having evidence of them engaging in terrible acts...

Now that he is dead, that evidence is much harder to gather.  

Like even the people who go against all the major conspiracy theories are saying something is fishy here.

I think there are a lot of unanswered questions...

Did Bill Clinton know or do anything considering they traveled together over 20 times together..

What is the role of Prince Andrew and Donald Trump?

Why did the CEO of Victoria Secrets pay Epstein like 50+ million dollars to buy him a nice apartment in Manhattan.

Like I feel the Epstein scandal has the potential to take down a lot of powerful people and they want it to go away. 

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Now that he is dead, that evidence is much harder to gather.  

Would like and explanation of that ?, I heard it was the other way around, a bunch of legal protection (defamation lawsuit being one) just diseapear with someone death making it usually easier not harder to investigate.

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Also the cameras somehow failed as well? 

Source ?

https://www.counton2.com/news/national-news/the-latest-lawyer-says-epstein-guards-are-made-scapegoats/

Federal prosecutors say security camera footage proves Jeffrey Epstein was alone in his cell the night he killed himself.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/11/19/us/ap-us-jeffrey-epstein-guards-the-latest.html

The early report of the camera sends to the FBI for the investigation said that one camera footage was too poor quality to be usable:

While one hallway camera had unusable footage, another nearby camera caught clearer video, the Post noted, adding that it is unknown why certain footage was useable while some was not, as well as the extent of the glitch.

Not that relevant camera as a whole failed or that any camera failed (could be an dirty lens, bad lighting in some part, etc...)

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Like even the people who go against all the major conspiracy theories are saying something is fishy here.

Well yes, but also we have a very limited notion of how those things work, some of those saying something is fishy here overrated what being on a suicide watch list in prison actually meant past the first couple of weeks, because people were lying about it on social media, didn't read study on how frequent is injury are on legitimate hanging (way less common than for murder forced hanging, but still very common, I think as high as 16% according to some study) and so on.

It is one person at the most at risk to get killed sure (any pedophile in prison to start with is a good target for murder specially if they are not put in a special wing with only other offender of the same type, higher the profile even more, powerful people even more, etc..) making is death an obvious one to investigate very seriously. But it is also one of the person the most probable to kill itself, he did try not so long ago (or are we to believe the first assassination attempts failed....), was very obviously not taking prison life well and so on.

But take someone that made enemies stealing money from the most powerful and dangerous people on earth, from central/south america Drugs Cartel to Russian mob, Bernard Madoff, has yet to be killed in prison (some said he was in a way happy to get in prison, the only place he felt a bit safe from them), it does not make it automatic that you will get killed or what would be the goal/point of that and it is extremely likely that he would have killed himself.

It is certainly not certain either way like people say (except if the footage that show no one coming like claimed by investigator is really solid, without any blind spot)