Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 hours ago, DAJK said:

I don't want to say "can we all agree that" because I don't want to force my beliefs on anyone else. But the controversy around this Pelaton ad is getting ridiculous. Anyone who's sending death threats to an actor in a TV commercial because they don't like the person THEY perceive the character to be is going way off the deep end. The commercial was filmed in our family-friend's apartment, and at first they liked to 'brag' about how their apartment was going to be on TV, now they're scared for anyone to recognize their home. And then the male actor in the commercial said this.

"People are blending the lines too much with this character that I've been portrayed as, and with my co-actor's character. And they're going, 'this is who these people are now.' And that's so wrong. It's hard to deal with."

Honestly though, if anyone does have a different perspective to bring to this, or if someone can justify the death threats I would like to hear it. My problem sometimes is I have an initial gut reaction to something and it's hard for me to shift my perspective on that because sometimes it feels like everything gets filtered through that perception. 

Nah, we can all agree that. The reaction has been completely fucking ridiculous and overblown. It’s mind boggling and concerning.

2 hours ago, 75Live said:

Eagles with a big comeback win.  Ok they played bad for about 2 1/2 quarters but when Wentz got going, they couldn't be stopped 

Having only 1 healthy WR for this weekend's game is gonna be a problem...it's a miracle the Eagles actually could score with how few players they had left last night.  Wentz was 2017 Wentz last night from the 3rd quarter on - and that's the only way the Eagles could win...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Oh my God, this is just releasing in just 4 months. I thought it would take longer but it's uses the same assets as a lot of the last remake so I guess it makes sense. I never got to play the original game but I loved REmake and the RE 2 remake so I'm pretty hyped for this one. Hopefully means RE 8 in 2021. They should remake Code Veronica next.

46 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Having only 1 healthy WR for this weekend's game is gonna be a problem...it's a miracle the Eagles actually could score with how few players they had left last night.  Wentz was 2017 Wentz last night from the 3rd quarter on - and that's the only way the Eagles could win...

Totally agree with all this 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The BOT Mod Team and American BOT members are so nervous right now.

They know what is coming for them comes November 2020.

Be strong everyone.

It is just 4 more years.

It gets better I promise.

It s gonna be o-kay.

Not a chance he gets in  a second time. Read the room. Many of his original supporters are against him this time around. Read around the conservative media

Edited by Alli

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

Not a chance he gets in  a second time. Read the room. Many of his supporters are against him this time around. Read around the conservative media

Same difference.

There are still nervous as fuck.

Oh and Trump winning or loosing doesn't change much anyway.

Trump is a symptom, he never was the disease contrary to what everyone wants you to believe.

I understand why it can be a soothing thought for the misinformed and the gullible mind tho.

Nobody s perfect.

That being said, if Orange Man wins, I ll pop a bottle of the finest Champagne (Roderer if you wondered) and I ll enjoy 4 years of shit show that will be even worse than the last 3 years.

I know they can surpass themselves.

And they will.

They are driven by their emotions.

Edited by The Futurist

2 hours ago, Alli said:

Not a chance he gets in  a second time. Read the room. Many of his original supporters are against him this time around. Read around the conservative media

I would say he has a 40% chance to win

He should get around 204 EC votes and then you have Florida which he still does well in which gets him to 233 and only 37 EC votes away...

Its far but its nothing to dismiss..

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Trump is a symptom, he never was the disease contrary to what everyone wants you to believe.

I understand why it can be a soothing thought for the misinformed and the gullible mind tho.

Do you know how extremely mainstream that talking point is in the North America Media ?

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Do you know how extremely mainstream that talking point is in the North America Media ?

A data, meta, occurence analysis of the (buzz) words and concepts used in mainstream media used since November 2016 contradicts this bold claim.