Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

Since I'm here I just wanted to let you all know that being quarantined with a newborn has been an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT and we definitely haven't lost our minds or anything. 3 months of PURE BLISS

Thankfully she was born in Feb before shit really hit the fan

Congratulations on the child!  Your family is somehow lucky that at least she was born just before shit hit the fan. Mine isn't so luck unfortunately, my baby girl will be born sometime in the next couple of weeks, just as my country hits 1k deaths per day. What a sad world to be born into, isn't it?

But nonetheless I can't wait to see her and watch her grow up, that's the real joy and I hope you get a lot of joy from yours as well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

At least there haven't been any Sixers games to bring you down.

But just imagine Simmons 3-point game now with all this alone time to practice. 

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Congratulations on the child!  Your family is somehow lucky that at least she was born just before shit hit the fan. Mine isn't so luck unfortunately, my baby girl will be born sometime in the next couple of weeks, just as my country hits 1k deaths per day. What a sad world to be born into, isn't it?

But nonetheless I can't wait to see her and watch her grow up, that's the real joy and I hope you get a lot of joy from yours as well.

Long time no see!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

ARL! Where've you been mah boi?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Nice to see you back on the forums. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Yea it's really crazy, we brought her home and then a couple weeks later the whole world turned upside down. It's really hard to put into words both how lucky we feel and how strange it all feels

All the best to you and yours 🙏

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Congratulations to you as well! 

My my my, the BOT babies are just popping out now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eric Atreides said:

ARL! Where've you been mah boi?

I think you’ve changed your name since I was here last!

But yeah, I was just focusing on life, a lot happened very quickly that needed my attention and all that.

I thought about you guys when all the movie theaters closed but then I was too focused on getting everything ready for home office and for the new baby.

Then I read about the Snyder cut today and I thought about this place’s craziness when it comes to stuff like this, specially people like @Napoleon and I figured I’d check out how everything and everyone was!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I think you’ve changed your name since I was here last!

But yeah, I was just focusing on life, a lot happened very quickly that needed my attention and all that.

I thought about you guys when all the movie theaters closed but then I was too focused on getting everything ready for home office and for the new baby.

Then I read about the Snyder cut today and I thought about this place’s craziness when it comes to stuff like this, specially people like @Napoleon and I figured I’d check out how everything and everyone was!

I've also since then assumed my righteous position as Moderator Supreme of All Box Office, and destroyed the forum in the process. Fun stuff!

8 hours ago, DeeCee said:

- snip -

5 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

That whole thread is inspired! :lol: Tagging @terrestrial cuz she might get a kick out of it.

Its very funny to me, but in a bitter-sweet way, as so many of the actors playing them are already dead

Someone at IMDb made a list, got updated just 2 weeks back, the older actors,... age = ~ normal but so e of them went way too early / are dead since years 

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls023048945/

It has now 70 names on the list (but some were not that much involved, but kudos to the person who does find them all).

The good case:

Stephen Furst (Vir) only made it as long because a B5 fan gave him a kidney (no joke, OP happened between seasons), that gave him additional ~ 20 years

The worst case in my POV based on age at time of death and how small his children were:

Richard Biggs, who died in 2004 as only being 44years old, had married ~ only 6y back, both children were under the age of school going children. I think its only known to fans about he only heard on one ear partially and was fully deaf on the other one.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

This is nuts.

WARNING! GRAPHIC IMAGES. 

... no one....

The writer of the second post should have edited the tweet to the actual count of injured (I read 10-12, varying sources)

Driver of the car seems to have had a stroke/seizure, I think without the car in fron of him it would have ended way worse, if I understand it correctly, meat: as a try to slow him down, see the strongly smoking wheels.

Back to work, only did a break for the mail, see above

)

• Sad 1

I wrote maybe something about it elsewhere, not sure:

As my normal hours got cut back in a big way (I still get paid for them), I do since some weeks, steadily increasingly more rooms get added, in the evenings/nights or during public holidays/weekend during the day the daily disinfection of the school I am working at, as I have for reasons the masks for chemicals... and the knowledge how to handle them. The only other person who knows how to handle them has more hours than usual as teaching the basic subjects and being the director (you’d not believe how many governmental letters / forms daily arrive, plus tons of parents asking questions and so on. Plus we are in the finals phase too

Next week a full week, followed by 2 weeks of school holidays, I’ll finally build my router table, the last material for that finally arrived, so yeah me, happy dance! The one I planed to use is as such was way too inaccurate, not useable for anything in my workshop, maybe hubby ca use it, or I’ll disassemble it and store the material.

Using the time of the ~ partial lock-downs, the things I usually like to do are not possible still, see cinemas ....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

I've also since then assumed my righteous position as Moderator Supreme of All Box Office, and destroyed the forum in the process. Fun stuff!

moderator: role model.... ?

😉😆🙃😎

And now I am hungry, within the hour lunch, and then hello work

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Titan Man said:

Sooooo, where are the apologies from people who were screaming how the Snyder Cut will never see the light of day because of a million different reasons? The forum has been pretty silent about this. Damn, did WB make us look like idiots...:hahaha:

12 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I mean, there wasn’t a Snyder Cut. Next year there’ll be a Snyder Mini-Series. Not quite the same thing. 

:hahaha:

To be fair there was a lot of misinformation spread around about what the Snyder Cut was and what fans were demanding. I don't blame people for getting confused.

What I feel vindicated about was the overwhelming support on social media for the Snyder Cut last November, and the celebration about the announcement yesterday. For years I was bullied by people claiming no one liked the vision Zack Snyder had for the DC universe.

I ate too much for lunch, now I am tired. 

Its difficult to get the own behind up and in hear, if there is no explicit time of day when to start with work during/at a public holiday like today...