Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I am literally living for Seth Rogen on Instagram today. He posted a #blacklivesmatter post, and to all the idiots in the comments countering him saying #alllivesmatter he's personally @ing them telling them to fuck off... with varying levels of class :lol: 

15 hours ago, The GOAT said:

What does this all mean for all these cop shows and buddy cop movies? 🤔

Well not everyone in society thinks cops are evil and bad but...

Likely have to be way more sensitive to showing cops showing violence to people and if someone does so in a bad way they get in trouble about it.

How to know BOT urgently needs cinemas opening up again?

Coming to take a look and haven gotten thumbs up ... notifications of BO threads from up to 4 years back. From different people...

:o

• Haha 1

On a Movie-related note: Im in somewhat of a Star Wars mood in the last few days, watching Meme videos and Tributes on YouTube, listening to the music etc. And i have to say that i realized that i dont care about the new films.

When TFA came out, it became instantly one of my favourite movies. When i first saw The Last Jedi, i loved it. But when i sat down last December and watched Rise of Skywalker ... i just laughed at it. It was entertaining, sure, but it was also ... bad. Really bad actually. Ive always said that one could judge the new Star Wars Trilogy only when all 3 Films were to be released. Now they are and i have to say ...

I like the Prequels far more.

Thats shocking for me, since i regard Phantom Menace as a total cinematic failure in most aspects and i DESPISE half the runtime of Attack of the Clones. But i like Revenge of the Sith. I would even go so far as to say i love it, because ROTS is Star Wars at its most dramatic, epic and tragic level. Not even the awful dialogue can make it bad for me. And so the Prequel Trilogy for me ends with a bang and for me The Sequel Trilogy ... ends in embarrassment. And that makes Episodes VII and VIII in retrospect a lot worse for me. I rewatched both those films a lot before TROS came out. I havent watched them since. And i honestly dont plan to in the future. These new films now feel just empty for me. Devoid of any true originality. Say what you want about the Prequels: They didnt have a new death star. They didnt try to copy anything from the OT. In fact, they made the Star Wars universe seem bigger and greater than ever before. Thats in contrast to the Sequels, were the world seems ... strangely smaller.

As it now stands, Rogue One is the best Disney Star Wars film for me. Back in 2017, i would have never said that. Opinions can change over time and mine has drastically when it comes to the new Star Wars films. I dont hate them, hell besides Episode 9 i dont even dislike 7 and 8 - but i do think now, that Disney dropped the ball with the trilogy.

Edited by Brainbug

On 6/3/2020 at 7:50 AM, Lordmandeep said:

Well not everyone in society thinks cops are evil and bad but...

Likely have to be way more sensitive to showing cops showing violence to people and if someone does so in a bad way they get in trouble about it.

Some idiot at WAPO wrote a column advocating taking all cop movies and tv shows off the air.

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

It really is hard to believe it's only June 4. Year has felt like multiple eternities.

People probably felt that way about 1860,1914, and 1941 or any year where you have a number of huge historiacl events packed in a small time frame.

Heard great statement about the past few months:

"Come for the Pandemic;Stay for the Revolution".

On 6/2/2020 at 4:44 PM, The GOAT said:

What does this all mean for all these cop shows and buddy cop movies? 🤔

All cops are evil and corrupt;nice left wing mentality. No better then All cops are good and nobel on the other side of the political spectrum.