Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

15th anniversary of Spielberg's War of the Worlds. I have no problem saying the son character ruins the entire film

war_of_the_worlds_ver4.jpg

The son and his motivations, and the ran-out-of-money/time cop out ending, stop it from being a masterpiece.

42 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

2020 strikes again.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/30/asia/china-swine-flu-pandemic-intl-hnk-scli-scn/index.html

China researchers discover new swine flu with 'pandemic potential'

G4 already appears to have infected humans in China. In Hebei and Shandong provinces, both places with high pig numbers, more than 10% of swine workers on pig farms and 4.4% of the general population tested positive in a survey from 2016 to 2018.
There is no evidence yet that G4 could spread from person to person -- perhaps the most promising sign so far, said Carl Bergstrom, a professor of biology at the University of Washington

I imagine that if it was that prevalent year's ago among people working/eating pigs and didn't catch up among humans it is a strong very low to no spread from person to person, but I am not sure why it is a news now june 30, 2020, with the word new in it, it seem to be about a decade old and tracked actively for a long time.

Reading the research abstract, it seem that the news is that the G4 seem to have gained more and more ability to infect swine worker over time (and the more humans has it, the more virus reproducing themselves, the more chance a variation that bring human to human transmission will occur)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

G4 already appears to have infected humans in China. In Hebei and Shandong provinces, both places with high pig numbers, more than 10% of swine workers on pig farms and 4.4% of the general population tested positive in a survey from 2016 to 2018.
There is no evidence yet that G4 could spread from person to person -- perhaps the most promising sign so far, said Carl Bergstrom, a professor of biology at the University of Washington

I imagine that if it was that prevalent year's ago among people working/eating pigs and didn't catch up among humans it is a strong very low to no spread from person to person, but I am not sure why it is a news now june 30, 2020, with the word new in it.

Reading the research abstract, it seem that the news is that the G4 seem to have gained more and more ability to infect swine worker over time (and the more humans has it, the more virus reproducing themselves, the more chance a variation that bring human to human transmission will occur)

Id imagine - giving the media climate around the globe which puts the panemic on every headline - that this kind of news just "sells". However, despite that i think its valuable to bring it up since it highlights once again that zoonotic spread is a danger thats here to stay and one we must always be alarmed by.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

2020 strikes again.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/30/asia/china-swine-flu-pandemic-intl-hnk-scli-scn/index.html

China researchers discover new swine flu with 'pandemic potential'

Looks like China main export is going to be our future pandemics. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

@MCKillswitch123 even during a PANDEMIC NOS Cinemas decides to send "messages" to distributors that decided to release movies during June. My Spy, Fête de Famille and Les Traducteurs (all from Cinemundo), Chambre 212 (from Leopardo) and Ramen Shop (from Films4You) will not play on NOS Cinemas because those were released during June, when NOS was closed. Those are playing on every other theater chain. 

NOS preferes to play December-March titles over new releases. Insane. Taking a stand even when cinemas in Portugal are on the verge of ending. They are back and on day one the buffoonery is already off the charts. Me and a friend have been making jokes about this all night.

Can you imagine the meetings with Cinemundo? "Guys, listen we have My Spy here, a new product from Hollywood with Bautista with a lot of appeal to our market". And NOS Cinemas responsibles be like "lol wasn't this playing on like 7 cinemas in June when we were closed? Yeah we have our JUMANJI copies from DECEMBER set and ready thanks bye". Being dicks until the day they die. Hopefully the buffoonery keeps delivering. Next I want The High Note to not play on their cinemas because it is from Universal. I am here for this mess.

Edited by CJohn
  • ...wtf 1