Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

47 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

@Porthos @dudalb

Oh no. Feels like I’ve spent most of my life listening to him. He basically defined sports radio in the Bay Area for so many years. RIP to a legend and a true one-of-a-kind. 

Just found out moments ago. :(   

To this day I still quote his phrase "two things can be equally true" when I want to smack someone up the head rhetorically when they are trying to "both sides" something (or in a similar situation when someone is trying to employ whataboutism) as an attempt to dodge responsibility for a greater sin.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just found out moments ago. :(   

To this day I still quote his phrase "two things can be equally true" when I want to smack someone up the head rhetorically when they are trying to "both sides" something (or in a similar situation when someone is trying to employ whataboutism) as an attempt to dodge responsibility for a greater sin.

“The Razor and Mr. T” was such a great show, back in the day. Perfectly paired co-hosts, it shouldn’t have worked but it did. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

But isn't what I'm talking about just Silvestri reusing the score from one his older movies (like Hans Zimmer does many times)? Not a coincidence like with Linkin Park. Sideways is a pretty awesome channel btw. 

I'm with you on this. It's way too similar to be coincidence. Pretty much all film composers do this anyway so not surprising. I guess you could argue that it might be done unconsciously, one can never read the composer's mind after all, but it's definitely not just by chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I'm with you on this. It's way too similar to be coincidence. Pretty much all film composers do this anyway so not surprising. I guess you could argue that it might be done unconsciously, one can never read the composer's mind after all, but it's definitely not just by chance. 

Sometime you can know (if for example the movie was edited using that previous score has the temp score for that scene and the director/editor/producer got attached to the feel-timing), then the composer can be in a situation that is job is changing the temp score enough to not get sued.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Sometime you can know (if for example the movie was edited using that previous score has the temp score for that scene and the director/editor/producer got attached to the feel-timing), then the composer can be in a situation that is job is changing the temp score enough to not get sued.

I mean it's his own score...not well-versed in the rights to these things but I doubt there would be any will to sue over this. 

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

I mean it's his own score...not well-versed in the rights to these things but I doubt there would be any will to sue over this. 

I would imagine that make it quite simpler to simply re-use it (I can see the producing house owning the work you made when paid by them and still having recourse in some case, but not willing to go over the same person industry PR wise and without an angry composer that got is work stolen motivating them to do so)

Why are so many Jojo Rabbit fanboys straight up Nazi apologists (this is just based on my experience and there are probably many fans who aren't like this)? Just critisizing Sam Rockwell's character for being a Nazi gets me "he's not a real Nazi" and "you have to empathize with him" type comments. But I guess I also think its partially the movie's fault for portraying him as some lovable goof.

Edited by lorddemaxus

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why are so many Jojo Rabbit fanboys straight up Nazi apologists (this is just based on my experience and there are probably many fans who aren't like this)? Just critisizing Sam Rockwell's character for being a Nazi gets me "he's not a real Nazi" and "you have to empathize with him" type comments. But I guess I also think its partially the movie's fault for portraying him as some lovable goof.

Jojo Rabbit is about dancing. Movies about dancing are good. Jojo Rabbit is good

All hail queen Thomasin 

• Thanks 1

I just found out most of the music PewDiePie listens to is similar to what I listen to and that kinda sucks lol: https://open.spotify.com/user/pewdie?si=EQfCCX_IQciGw9tOOz6oCA

100 gecs, Dorian Electra, Kero Kero Kero Bonito, Bladee, Sophie, Rina Sawayama and the rest of the PC music-adjacent type music is pretty much 70% of the music I've been listening to in the past few months (all he's missing is Charli XCX and AG Cook and that would be all the PC Music related artists I've been listening to). Even some other artists like Max Richter, Mick Gordon, Thom Yorke, IDLES, and Kensuke Ushio are on there. Really weird. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

14 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I just found out most of the music PewDiePie listens to is similar to what I listen to and that kinda sucks lol: https://open.spotify.com/user/pewdie?si=EQfCCX_IQciGw9tOOz6oCA

100 gecs, Dorian Electra, Kero Kero Kero Bonito, Bladee, Sophie, Rina Sawayama and the rest of the PC music-adjacent type music is pretty much 70% of the music I've been listening to in the past few months (all he's missing is Charli XCX and AG Cook and that would be all the PC Music related artists I've been listening to). Even some other artists like Max Richter, Mick Gordon, Thom Yorke, IDLES, and Kensuke Ushio are on there. Really weird. 

To be fair, everybody's talkin about Bugsnax, not just PDP

• Haha 1