Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, TMP said:

Doing this right before "FanDome" is fucked

It killed my excitement for the event.

But some were saying it was mostly people at DC Universe and DC Collectibles. Others were using words like bloodbath and implosion. I'd like to know what's really happening.

I think they (DC and Marvel) could do a better job distributing the comics digitally worldwide at a much better price. They're failing at taking advantage of the movies being so popular.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It killed my excitement for the event.

But some were saying it was mostly people at DC Universe and DC Collectibles. Others were using words like bloodbath and implosion. I'd like to know what's really happening.

I think they (DC and Marvel) could do a better job distributing the comics digitally worldwide at a much better price. They're failing at taking advantage of the movies being so popular.

Either way, “celebrating” DC and promoting it with cringe tiktok videos while you lay off hundreds of employees at DC during a global pandemic is the kind of gross antics to be expected from a big corporation like AT&T. Maybe the money you’re spending on this event, which will probably wind up pretty niche, could have been saved?

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, TMP said:

Either way, “celebrating” DC and promoting it with cringe tiktok videos while you lay off hundreds of employees at DC during a global pandemic is the kind of gross antics to be expected from a big corporation like AT&T. Maybe the money you’re spending on this event, which will probably wind up pretty niche, could have been saved?

The timing of the layoffs and the PR spin on it (they literally say this is "expanding the brand") is pretty gross but as far as I can see most of the layoffs are due to them closing redundant branches (such as the merch branch and DC Universe, which is probably gonna be closed soon) and the rest are people in higher-level positions.

And these layoffs would've been coming even if DC Fandome didn't exist. The main reason these changes are happening is because Jason Kilar wants to completely restructure WarnerMedia and consolidate it. He's pretty much the biggest reason these layoffs are happening (probably some influence from vultures like Elliott Management too).

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

WB games is also up for sale. Looks like they want to focus on just movies/television/streaming? 

Seems like they're gonna keep WB games for now actually. At least that's what it seemed like when they last referred to it. I guess they're gonna stick with it based on how the Batman (heard this might actually be releasing this year), Suicide Squad, Harry Potter, and the (rumored) Injustice games play out financially. 

But it seems like they are just moving away from physical releases for all forms of entertainment (which absolutely stinks).

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like they're gonna keep WB games for now actually. At least that's what it seemed like when they last referred to it. I guess they're gonna stick with it based on how the Batman (heard this might actually be releasing this year), Suicide Squad, Harry Potter, and the (rumored) Injustice games play out financially. 

But it seems like they are just moving away from physical releases for all forms of entertainment (which absolutely stinks).

It seems they are still for sale. They want to sell the studios but keep the IPs (DC, Mortal Kombat, Harry Potter etc). 

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

It seems they are still for sale. They want to sell the studios but keep the IPs (DC, Mortal Kombat, Harry Potter etc). 

I actually think no one's actually willing to buy it for 4 billion.  It could actually be that once WB releases their upcoming games, they will try selling again because if those upcoming games become huge hits, the value of WB Interactive increases (and potential buyers will be more willing to pay that 4 billion).

Jason Kilar also made it seem like Warner Bros Interactive is a important part of WarnerMedia in his press release two days ago. I feel like AT&T did want to sell WB Interactive but that was before the massive leadership changes within the company. Kilar seems to have a lot of say right now in terms of how WarnerMedia should be run right now than he did a month or two ago (when AT&T seemed to have way more say) so I think it stays if he wants it to.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

the (rumored) Injustice game

Watchmen in Injustice 3 fees like such a blatant misreading of the text that it’d make Snyder’s film look like it understood the book, lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TMP said:

Uh DC is owned  by Time Warner, which qualifes as a big corporation.

Stop pretending like DC is some kind of indpenednt enitry. It it owned 100% by Time Warner, and Time Warner is cutting across the board; probably dut to losses from the Conona virus. You expect DC to be immune?

BTW Marvel and DC situations is somewhat different; Marvle merged with Disney and the terms of the merger gave it some autonomy; DC was acquired by Warners back in the 70's as an outright purchase; 

Let's face it, I thin both Warners and Dsiney regard the comic book divisions of Marvel and DC as primarily marketing tools for the movies. If the comic book divisions make a profit, that a nice bonus.

Edited by dudalb
  • Knock It Off 1