Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

I read a hot-take op-ed from the Atlantic (well written though) stating, "Not All People Who Oppose Homosexuality Are Bigots"

http://theatln.tc/2guR4oO

I thought it was an interesting take (even though I disagree with the ultimate conclusion of the opinion being highlighted), and the argument is definitely more nuanced than the typical "GAYS ARE GOING TO HELL" argument, thoughts?

Just a bunch of hand-wringing from some irrelevant goons. I am glad that some Christians feel a sense of anxiety about being overthrown by a larger secular culture.

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Just a bunch of hand-wringing from some irrelevant goons. I am glad that some Christians feel a sense of anxiety about being overthrown by a larger secular culture.

Good to know you consider more than 70% of the country to be irrelevant goons.

I'm watching the people v OJ Simpson. My knowledge of the case is almost non existent, this is really interesting. I had no idea it was so huge.

How the fuck did he get away with it. Also if Cuba Goodings bizarre performance even remotely resembles the real OJ, how did everyone find him so charismatic and heroic?

Oh and John Travolta is fucking magnetic.

Just now, Manchester by the Tree said:

Also if Cuba Goodings bizarre performance even remotely resembles the real OJ, how did everyone find him so charismatic and heroic?

spoiler: it doesn't! i loved that show and he's literally the only thing in it that doesn't work.

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

"Mohler’s viewpoint depends on a fairly rigid moral universe, one in which people are commanded by God to act in a specific way, including when it comes to sex acts, wearing “male” or “female” clothes"

I am really not sure how this is any different than every other religious view on the matter, fail to see how is take is different in any way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

"Mohler’s viewpoint depends on a fairly rigid moral universe, one in which people are commanded by God to act in a specific way, including when it comes to sex acts, wearing “male” or “female” clothes"

I am really not sure how this is any different than every other religious view on the matter, fail to see how is take is different in any way.

yeah, reading that article it feels more insidious than the christians who are overtly bigoted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

I'm watching the people v OJ Simpson. My knowledge of the case is almost non existent, this is really interesting. I had no idea it was so huge.

How the fuck did he get away with it. Also if Cuba Goodings bizarre performance even remotely resembles the real OJ, how did everyone find him so charismatic and heroic?

Oh and John Travolta is fucking magnetic.

You need to see the OJ: Made in America Documentary.  It gives you way more knowledge of the case, OJ, as well as the state America was in that lead to the innocent verdict. It's the only documentary series I've ever binged. Absolutely amazing.

• Like 2

Noooo Travolta is being kicked out of the Dream Team. Hope he isn't done completely, he's the best thing in it by a mile.

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

You need to see the OJ: Made in America Documentary.  It gives you way more knowledge of the case, OJ, as well as the state America was in that lead to the innocent verdict. It's the only documentary series I've ever binged. Absolutely amazing.

I definitely will once I've finished this. 

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Anyone who thinks that LGBT people are immoral is an irrelevant goon in my book.

I think you could just be a case of miscommunication here.

You are right that are not relevant according to (B), but for (a) and (c) they certainly are.

1a :having significant and demonstrable bearing on the matter at hand

b :affording evidence tending to prove or disprove the matter at issue or under discussion

relevant testimony

c :having social relevance

If they were irrelevant, homophobia would not be an relevant issue anymore.

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Anyone who thinks that LGBT people are immoral is an irrelevant goon in my book.

They control every branch of the federal government. Good luck ignoring them.