Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 1/29/2023 at 12:33 PM, Porthos said:

WELP!

Congrats Philly fans.

Speaking of Porthos; I am wondering if there are any US release plans for the new two part French version of "The Three Musketeers" which opens in May in France. IIMHO the Dumas novel is one of the best adventure stories ever written, and interested in seeing a new version of it. I understnad they want to be very faithful to the novell unlike the last few Musketeer films.

And I REALLY want to see Eva Green as Milady De Winter...

10 hours ago, Cap said:

Damien Chazelle is a hack. Complete, totally, utter, absolute Hack. 

I saw Babylon in theaters and two-thirds of the audience walked out (in three different stages) before it was over. From 6 people to 2, but still, incredible to witness.

Pretty sure this has been a movie before? Funny to see a local story end up on TMZ.

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I saw Babylon in theaters and two-thirds of the audience walked out (in three different stages) before it was over. From 6 people to 2, but still, incredible to witness.

100%, Swear on Gene Kelly’s soul, honest truth:

My Amazon Fire TURNED OFF during the Pink Raincoats scene. It rage quit on its own 😂😂😂 I was like “did the battery just die? Nope. It was just done!”

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Cap said:

100%, Swear on Gene Kelly’s soul, honest truth:

My Amazon Fire TURNED OFF during the Pink Raincoats scene. It rage quit on its own 😂😂😂 I was like “did the battery just die? Nope. It was just done!”

Sad thing is the basis idea behind Babylin..a serious take on the coming of sound to Hollywood...is a good one, but it is totally destroyed by inept handling.

I can see that you probably could not make a film about the topic without some acknoledgement of Singing In The Rain, but, god, they do it to death.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

, but it is totally destroyed by inept handling.

I could go on and on (cause like Robert Ebert said, it can be fun to write a pan), but basically the movie felt like someone writing a five paragraph essay for school, and got to the fourth paragraph and realized they forgot All The Other Important Things They Need To Add, so just tacked them on.