Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

21 minutes ago, Morieris said:

When are the Oscar noms announced? Normally they'd be around tomorrow if things hadn't been pushed back.

Oscar nominations have never been announced in early December anytime remotely recently

Edited by 4815162342

46 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Farhan Zaidi after seeing Turner get 11/300

tumblr_oazkxxwtMD1sl21koo1_500.gifv

Think that was more when he heard Rodon wanted 6 years, but, sure, close enough.

(I'm just glad it wasn't the Dodgers)

((also, really am expecting some long term deal this year as I think the pressure to spend "stupid money" is getting too much for the FO to ignore))

• Like 1

Carlos Correa about to get PAID by the Gigantes!!! :o

(really, is there a better landing spot for Correa when it comes to The Rivalry?!?)

((low key, I've been rooting for Correa to land on the Giants simply to hear the delicious boooooooooos from LA fans))

38 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Carlos Correa about to get PAID by the Gigantes!!! :o

(really, is there a better landing spot for Correa when it comes to The Rivalry?!?)

((low key, I've been rooting for Correa to land on the Giants simply to hear the delicious boooooooooos from LA fans))

*checks MLBTR's projected salaries for both Correa and Bogaerts*

*checks Trea Turner's for good measure*

*does some back of the envelope math*

We're probably talking 12/350 aren't we, given that Correa is younger than Bogaerts?  +/- 25m and 1 year in either direction.  And it's not just the Giants bidding against themselves as both the Cubs and Red Sox are supposedly checking in on Correa.  Never mind the Twins who are still allegedly in it.

But, goodness gracious, if Xander Bogaerts and Trea Turner got 11 year deals, Correa has to get 12, right?  Unless Scott Boras plays the multiple opt-out game (which is a distinct possibility).

What a turnaround a year makes when it comes to perception for him.  Aaron Judge is the biggest "bet on himself and win" of all time, but if Carlos Correa gets close to the Stupid Money that I think he's gonna get, Correa ain't gonna be far behind in that conversation.