Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm not sure I would want Coca Cola making actual feature length movies. 

I would totally be for this if alcohol is completely removed from their films and is replaced with coke. And each time a sip is taken the actor has to smack their lips

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm not sure I would want Coca Cola making actual feature length movies. 

Coke made a lot of movies. They owned Columbia Pictures in the 80s. They owned Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune for a while as well.

Just now, grim22 said:

Coke made a lot of movies. They owned Columbia Pictures in the 80s. They owned Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune for a while as well.

I'm talking about the Coke of today. :lol: If you thought Sony's product placement in their movies these days was bad...

• Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm talking about the Coke of today. :lol: If you thought Sony's product placement in their movies these days was bad...

Seeing the Hotel Translyvania characters use Sony-branded phones when 99% of animated movies use parody phones is still kind of surreal to me.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

i'm not talking specifically about a movie company.  a different company who would have continued making movies. like coca cola making movies lol. anything would have been better than disney.

I am not a fan of the merger. But that is in my POV very wrong.

Disney needs content, it wont close up shop for no reason.

If comcast woulfd have gotten it? In m POV way worse.

Comcast already pushes with strange methodes for money out of other companies work

they are the biggest cable provider in the US

2nd biggest Internet provider

3rd biggest telephone provider

They seem to have one of the worst provider reputations I can imagine (here they would get a lot of legal problems)

read in the comments to this

https://deadline.com/2014/07/comcast-customer-rep-hell-804486/

In today's news is this to read (even if its about their rival)

https://deadline.com/2019/03/daily-show-warning-viacom-directv-blackout-comedy-central-neal-brennan-att-1202578873/

That's not the first looming blackout, not the first try to exclude certain stations, see the recent case with the group owned by minorities (forgot the name)

Or a few days back this was to read (AT&T is actually a bit more in the news based on the summer 2018 finalised merger)

The company is preparing to roll out two higher-priced bundles – “Plus” and “Max” — costing $50 and $70 a month, respectively. Those bundles will replace existing lineups starting at $40 a month. Each new option includes HBO but drops some high-profile entertainment channels from Viacom, A+E Networks, Discovery and AMC Networks

AT&T and Comcast both intervened in the Internet, e.g. AT&T got caught censoring in 2007 critic on then Bush's governmental work and.... Comcast did some strange things with mails (was here in the news)

AT&T owns now also Time Warner and as such Warner Bothers, HBO, CNN,... if you look into the news, that is not a good thing as far as I can see

Both are in my POV way too big, misuse their leading positions to get conditions nowhere near market situations....

No, I think its better people who are at least based on movie making.... take over than 'them'.

They are the lesser evil in comparison to all who was inclined to buy and able to pay the price.

I feel like I have more written out of the moment, I have only used links to things that are still in the back of my mind as recent, but there are many articles what is questionable.

Youtube now offers paid TV or however to call that, others too, to me it looks like all are out to get into positions for an expensive future for the customers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alli said:

why couldn't Fox be bought by some other company and continued with making movies.  Will disney even make the type of movies fox made? not a chance. this sucks

Internet non-sense here, but I feel close to impossible for someone to match Disney price and still be a good move, Disney is much better than other buyers at monetizing many of Fox asset and has good for others.

Has for what Disney be interested in, that can be highly cyclical, they were a 40 movie a year studio not so long ago, they are not down to 8-10, who know in 2026 with Disney+ effect fully in place, my what do I know feeling, Fox movies a la Widow, The Post could be the more at risk of not getting made by them (while Searchlight type title more likely to continue early next decade).

Edited by Barnack

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/new-zealand-mass-murder-no-notoriety-naming-killers-1.5063397

The case for denying mass killers fame in order to fight the deadly 'contagion effect'

I think this article raises great points. For example. The Norway Killer Brevic had a ton of media attention and his trial was broadcast around the world as it thought it would serve as an example of 'peace over hate' but now that man is an icon in the extreme far right and such.

Maybe we should stop making making these killers become famous?