Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

No, it’s a separate division that’ll result in further loss of jobs and less films from Fox per year.  Films like The Hate U Give, Love Simon, Fault in Our Stars, Hidden Figures, etc. were Fox 2000

So maybe when I saw Fault in our Stars and Hidden Figures, I read Searchlight and it was 2000 but this is a surprise thse movies were Fox 2000 ...

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Fox 2000 was not producing a lot of movies tho, no ?

I watch credits of my movies  all the time and I haven't seen a Fox 2000 joint in a very long time ( I see  a lot of diferrent movies FYI ...).

I've seen the name pop up before certain movies but they never had their own logo (it was always 20th Century).

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Fox 2000 was not producing a lot of movies tho, no ?

I watch credits of my movies  all the time and I haven't seen a Fox 2000 joint in a very long time ( I see  a lot of diferrent movies FYI ...).

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?companies=co0017497&sort=year,asc

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

No, it’s a separate division that’ll result in further loss of jobs and less films from Fox per year.  Films like The Hate U Give, Love Simon, Fault in Our Stars, Hidden Figures, etc. were Fox 2000

So, they just shutdown the division that Disney bots said Disney bought the studio for, for the diversification of their business.

Interesting.

I wonder how the even more niche branch Searchlight will fare.

33 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The label was not very clear brand wise tbh ...

They I think didn't even had a Wikipedia page. There was absolutely no brand value for sure, no one knew about it's existence, it is really the personal / infrastructure closed that matter here. 

10 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

All the fast food pizza joints are the same. Even store-bought frozen pizza's better than Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's combined

You guys don't have it out there, I don't think, but:

Round Table Pizza, or GTFO.

(For chain pizza restaurants at least)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

You coastal elites ain't got nothing that'll impress me.

In all seriousness, my family never buys chain pizza. We always purchase from local businesses or just buy frozen pizza. I have a strong guilty pleasure for frozen pizza, even if it's technically trash

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Round Table’s really good, for a chain. But the Bay Area in general has amazing pizza all over the place.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

In all seriousness, my family never buys chain pizza. We always purchase from local businesses or just buy frozen pizza. I have a strong guilty pleasure for frozen pizza, even if it's technically trash

Oh, I understand.  Just trying to say that RTP is a step or two above the stereotypical chain pizza is all. 

(Disclosure: Worked for them many a moon ago, several lifetimes ago)

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Round Table’s really good, for a chain. But the Bay Area in general has amazing pizza all over the place.

True true.  Wasn't trying to say otherwise.  The way I'd put it is if Little Caesars is a 1, and the Small Local Chain (if it's good) is a 9 or 10*, then Pizza Hut is probably a 3 or a 4 and RTP would be around a 7 or so.

* With the local mom and pop being an 11 or above (again, if it's good).

Priced like it too, as Round Table Pizza is generally at the higher end of prices when it comes to chains.

Edited by Porthos

I do want to add that I actually had Dominos for the first time in a couple of decades a couple of years back when they still had the DomiNoNo promotion.

YE FUCKING GODS WAS IT GREASY!!!!! :puke::puke::puke::puke:

I mean, I don't mind some grease on my pizza, but fucking hell, I could practically hear my arteries slam shut when I was eating it.

It wasn't completely inedible like I vaguely remember Little Caesars to be. But for fucks sake, I was not expecting that sheer level of grease.

Made Papa John's (which isn't terrible, but just... kinda bland??) look like manna from heaven in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disney is demonized by cinephiles.

Evil Disney !!!

Baaaaad !

:angry:

Meanwwhile Netfilx and Jeff Bezos are the saviors of good taste and art in movies.

Take a bow to our new Streaming Gods !

Goooood !

:worthy:

Please continue this shit show.

Thx.

It s freaking hilarious.

:rofl::hahaha::rolleyes:

Need an English shooling.

If somebody tries to block someone's access to something, the British idiom seems to be:

to take the bread out of somebodies mouth

alternative I found

to cut the ground from under sombodies feet

with no mentioning where this one is used

But what is the idiom (or correct formulation, if there is no idiom), if too many compete with each other, to undermine each other in a way?

In case someone wants to help, please add also the region/country the wording is used in, so I learn it right from the beginneng :)