Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

23 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Man I want one of these but only question is  where I would put it where my gf considers it to be tasteful. 

Mortal_Kombat_2_Arcade_Game_Med__83206.1

I have the Pac-man one but I'm on my own so no complaints from anyone in my house lol 

Mine is in my living room/dining room area since I turned my downstairs into a cinema theme so it's the arcade section of the "theater"

I saw Toy Story 4 with a sellout crowd tonight. Whenever I go into a family film that I know is going to be crowded, I always know I'm going to run into some disruption from kids who are still a wee bit too young to be there, but I give little kids a pass as long as their behavior isn't unreasonable (i.e. running around/screaming/etc. throughout the majority of the film). I get it, they're kids.

But their parents don't get a pass, and man, do they ever find ways to be worse than their offspring at most of these movies. And true to form, a mom and grandma who sat a couple seats to the right of me gave verbal reactions every two minutes or so and talked through some of the pivotal emotional beats. (Coincidentally, the kids were well-behaved.)

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Webslinger said:

I saw Toy Story 4 with a sellout crowd tonight. Whenever I go into a family film that I know is going to be crowded, I always know I'm going to run into some disruption from kids who are still a wee bit too young to be there, but I give little kids a pass as long as their behavior isn't unreasonable (i.e. running around/screaming/etc. throughout the majority of the film). I get it, they're kids.

But their parents don't get a pass, and man, do they ever find ways to be worse than their offspring at most of these movies. And true to form, a mom and grandma who sat a couple seats to the right of me gave verbal reactions every two minutes or so and talked through some of the pivotal emotional beats. (Coincidentally, the kids were well-behaved.)

I found at I2 the kids were all well-behaved but a lot of people above the age of 15 just wouldn't shut up, especially during the Bao short.

My friends and I have been planning to see The Lion King at the Chinese Theater for A YEAR.  I am *never* in LA anymore, so I extended my trip out a day to hang with them and go.  Now it looks like there's an undisclosed movie premiere happening on that Monday. 

So, If that premiere is Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, I hope the Summer Flop Curse Rains Fire and Brimstone On Its Box Office Numbers. 😘 Because it's $200 to change my flight (lol, yeah, I looked) and CityWalk is only showing the 5PM and 8PM IMAX in 3D. 

:gold:

Saw Toy Story last night.  Cried.  Still like TS 3 better.

in other news I hurt my ankle and foot Saturday at work when my ankle gave out on me.  Could not put any weight on it the rest of the day.  Iced it for hours. Today it is still painful but I can walk slowly.  I am going to the work prescribed urgent care 30 minutes from my house to check it out.