Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

finally finished watching Russian Doll.  Not a bad show, not a comedy so not sure why it's up for an award in that category but wouldn't be the first time shows/movies were put in other categories to get them credit.  Anyway, kind of interested how they will pull off a second season.

35 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You didn't even quote the most interesting/incendiary to Film Twitter tweet in that chain. :sadno:

(Seriously, Film Twitter damn near lost their minds today over the next tweet in that chain)

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

You didn't even quote the most interesting/incendiary to Film Twitter tweet in that chain. :sadno:

(Seriously, Film Twitter damn near lost their minds today over the next tweet in that chain)

Wait, is it Jeet Herr's tweet?

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Wait, is it Jeet Herr's tweet?

Well, no, I should have said reply.  My bad. 

Here it is:

Holy hell did Film Twitter get pissed off at that tweet (and what they interpreted as disrespect to Thelma Schoonmaker). 

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well, I mean it got 80 replies. Did someone screenshot it?

Some did, yes:

No idea how else it got around Film Twitter.  Some of the conversation I saw was quoting it or discussing it off that first chain. 

One of the people I found talking about it deleted their initial tweet leading to a bunch of orphaned tweets, for instance.

Just... people generally unhappy and discussing it in their own tweets and not invading the initial tweet.  Though  Quinn Cummings did stick to her guns and even doubled down on subsequent tweets.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

No idea how else it got around Film Twitter.  Some of the conversation I saw was quoting it or discussing it off that first chain. 

One of the people I found talking about it deleted their initial tweet leading to a bunch of orphaned tweets, for instance.

Just... people generally unhappy and discussing it in their own tweets and not invading the initial tweet.  Though  Quinn Cummings did stick to her guns and even doubled down on subsequent tweets.

Well maybe there's a slight difference between what Thelma Schoonmaker does, and editing a movie for content and length? Maybe?

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well, no, I should have said reply.  My bad. 

Here it is:

Holy hell did Film Twitter get pissed off at that tweet (and what they interpreted as disrespect to Thelma Schoonmaker). 

Hard to see how could it not be the case (what else would he mean by editor ?), she is the one that made the 4 hours Scorsese Wolf a 3 hour movie.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

Well maybe there's a slight difference between what Thelma Schoonmaker does, and editing a movie for content and length? Maybe?

and this

Seem to be more or less what Film Twitter thought of Jeet Heer and Quinn Cumming's thoughts on this.

===

Also I found out what had happened with a deleted tweet, I think - someone was having a conversation about all of this with their local circle [which is how I found out about it] and snitch tagged Jeet Heer. 

Said person who started the conversation really doesn't like that sort of thing when it comes to being critical of someone and deleted the tweet in question leading to a bunch of orphaned tweets.

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Hard to see how could it not be the case (what else would he mean by editor ?), she is the one that made the 4 hours Scorsese Wolf a 3 hour movie.

"She's great - just not doing her job lately" is the defense both of them they are trying to run with.

If they just said "I don't like his style of movies, especially recently", that'd be one thing.  But the whole "get someone who he'll respect and put him on a chain" (my paraphrase of the last bit) REALLLLLLLLLY pissed people off.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Also I found out what had happened with a deleted tweet, I think - someone was having a conversation about all of this with their local circle [which is how I found out about it] and snitch tagged Jeet Heer. 

Said person who started the conversation really doesn't like that sort of thing when it comes to being critical of someone and deleted the tweet in question leading to a bunch of orphaned tweets.

Wow you really do spend too much time online.

I would never be able to recognize a reply with 80 replies and 80 likes as an atom bomb that it was.

So you're under the impression that Jeet Heer doesn't know what film editors do?

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

"She's great - just not doing her job lately" is the defense both of them they are trying to run with.

If they just said "I don't like his style of movies, especially recently", that'd be one thing.  But the whole "get someone who he'll respect and put him on a chain" (my paraphrase of the last bit) REALLLLLLLLLY pissed people off.

Yeah if the movie is repetitive and baggy, there's a thing called a script...

• Like 1