Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

23 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Wow you really do spend too much time online.

Or just hang out/lurk in the right/wrong circles. :ph34r:

(okay, I saw it being discussed in a couple of unrelated places and worked my way back - spent literally five minutes on all of this and moved on before I saw your post)

So you're under the impression that Jeet Heer doesn't know what film editors do?

I really haven't given it much thought, honestly.  Quinn Cummings though does know, which probably makes some folks even more irritated.

===

Honestly?  I just think a lot of folks were pissed that they didn't even bother to mention Thelma Schoonmaker's name.  I think it was the casual disrespect more than anything else got folks pissed off.  

But, like I implied, I've actually thought/typed more about this just discussing it with you than I did casually observing it. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Or just hang out/lurk in the right/wrong circles. :ph34r:

(okay, I saw it being discussed in a couple of unrelated places and worked my way back - spent literally five minutes on all of this and moved on before I saw your post)

I really haven't given it much thought, honestly.  Quinn Cummings though does know, which probably makes some folks even more irritated.

===

Honestly?  I just think a lot of folks were pissed that they didn't even both to mention Thelma Schoonmaker's name.  I think it was the casual disrespect more than anything else got folks pissed off.  

But, like I implied, I've actually thought/typed more about this just discussing it with you than I did casually observing it. 

Funnily enough Jeet Heer probably intended this as a defense of Martin Scorsese.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Lol just found out that Quinn Cummings got an Oscar nom for best supporting actress. Is that why we assume she knows what film editing is?

Well, more of a idea than Jeet Heer?

(she's also a writer now on the literary side, so that might also be influencing her thoughts)

On 7/23/2019 at 10:54 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn SIC's new show, À Descoberta, which aired on the O Nosso Mundo slot on Saturday morning, did a very solid 4.9% rating and 18% share, with the highest audience moment being 7.1% / 23.5%. Leader from start to finish.

For a show that had hardly no promotion and came in the substitution of something that was a staple of the channel and did very solid results, that's an impressive start. Bit of a waste to put it in the morning, since it could've done some damage if they booked it at night, but whatever. Impresa (the group that owns SIC) is Portugal's Disney, ffs. RFM also announced they hit their highest ratings ever.... part of the same group as SIC.

Btw, TVI finally replaced its creative team. Felipa Garnel is now the director of programming. Let's see if she meddles with the process like Daniel Oliveira did with SIC.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. What a turn around in our television/radio landscape. Comercial is now feeling the effects of TVI's apocalypse. I don't even know what À Descoberta is but it doesn't matter, because people are now used to watching SIC. SIC also probably bombards people with ads of RFM. Guess who doesn't have ads on SIC? Comercial.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. What a turn around in our television/radio landscape. Comercial is now feeling the effects of TVI's apocalypse. I don't even know what À Descoberta is but it doesn't matter, because people are now used to watching SIC. SIC also probably bombards people with ads of RFM. Guess who doesn't have ads on SIC? Comercial.

We went from a time where SIC could promote to exhaustion and it would flop to SIC can hardly promote and it's a hit. It's like TVI for years on end, but people are tuned in on Channel 3 instead. I hope SIC doesn't end on autopilot like TVI did all during all these years. Like, just this past Monday, they blew past 20% daily share IN JULY. Sundays are still rough, but they come close to TVI, who only wins because of Somos Portugal, really.

They literally just unveiled today Nazaré, their new soap opera (replacement to Alma e Coração). Will be set on Nazaré, will star a girl called Nazaré (played by Carolina Loureiro) and will be about survivors of Pedrógão Grande. Will also feature sexually non-binary people for the 1st time ever in Portuguese fiction, as well as anorexia in males. And it's written by the same lady that brought us Deixa Que Te Leve, Doce Tentação and Espírito Indomável, meaning that the comedy will be great, at the very least. This is another mega hit waiting to happen.

À Descoberta is basically an extension of that SOS Animal show they aired a few years ago. A famous zoologist travels abroad with a celeb to see beautiful landscapes and then meet animals in risk and protect them. It's a cute concept and it could've done some strong business on Saturday night, considering how Comedy On The Edge has performed so far and how much people love the wildlife docs on SIC.

And finally, for the record, Comercial is still the most listened to radio in the country..... by a few inches, because RFM is literally at its ankles. And the Renascença group now has a bigger market share than Prisa/Media Capital.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

i

16 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Damn, I know. I saw someone complaining about it a few days ago, and I didn't know what they were talking about. I guess it got applied to him early.

add on to get the old twitter back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1